Questions about car rides!

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
1. Does your baby like being in his/her car seat?
2. What kind of car seat do u have?
3. What's the longest baby has been in the car and what for?
3. Any long(ish) car trips coming up? How do u think it will go?

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
June 4th, 2012, 08:38 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
1. Does your baby like being in his/her car seat? JR loves his car seat
2. What kind of car seat do u have? We skipped the infant bucket and went straight to a convertable, a Graco MyRide 65. It rear faces to 40 pounds and forward faces to 65 pounds.
3. What's the longest baby has been in the car and what for? We live in the boonies and it's a minimum 45 minute car ride to the nearest town and a trip to town is a full day experience because you grocery shop (3 or 4 stores), go to Wal Mart, Target, Sams Club, Home Depot/Lowes (or both!)... The list never ends! So JR is in and out of his car seat a bunch and around town for at least 6 or 7 hours!
4. Any long(ish) car trips coming up? How do u think it will go? We're planning to go to California for JR's 100 day celebration because it's the same time as my neice's 1st birthday. They are both a big deal in Korean culture and we don't want the grandparents to have to choose which celebration to come to! That will be about a 12 hour trip (not counting stops) and should be fine. He won't need much, just diapers, clothes, and me! DD, on the other hand, needs half of the house to go on a trip (toys, clothes, books, snacks, drinks, music, movies to watch...)

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
June 4th, 2012, 08:55 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
1. Does your baby like being in his/her car seat?Cody loves his car seat. He goes to sleep
2. What kind of car seat do u have?We have a Graco car seat
3. What's the longest baby has been in the car and what for?We live in the woods so it takes us about a hour to get to anything. Cody was in the car hour and half last week for my 2 week check up. He did great.
3. Any long(ish) car trips coming up? How do u think it will go? We might try to go camping this summer. The trip will be couple of hours. I think he will do good
June 4th, 2012, 10:31 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

She hates being put into it, but once she's strapped in and the car is moving, she loves it.

Chicco KeyFit 30

About an hour when we drove to a restaurant to meet some friends.

We have a two hour car ride in August from the Denver airport to a dude ranch...though I'm far more nervous about the plane part than the car part. At least we can pull the car over if there's a problem!
June 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM
aka shawna
1. Does your baby like being in his/her car seat? i dont know that she has much a preference. loves the bumpy car ride though!
2. What kind of car seat do u have? chicco keyfit 30
3. What's the longest baby has been in the car and what for? 45 minutes? been to the zoo, and beach and fishing and just general everyday errands.
3. Any long(ish) car trips coming up? How do u think it will go? plenty...but not until the school/dance season is over. another couple weeks and we'll heading over the mountain and through the woods!
June 4th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
1. Does your baby like being in his/her car seat? He doesn't seem to mind it
2. What kind of car seat do u have? Chicco Keyfit
3. What's the longest baby has been in the car and what for? 2+ hours to go to a family reunion over Memorial Day
3. Any long(ish) car trips coming up? How do u think it will go? Not sure. My sister and BIL are flying in to our place in July and we may go visit some family that is 2-3 hours away.

June 4th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Super Mommy

LOVES it!

Its a Baby Trend car seat

Two hour car ride to my dads for memorial day weekend

Not unless we go visit my dad again.. im sure he would do just fine tho.
June 4th, 2012, 12:17 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Does your baby like being in his/her car seat?

My baby HATES being in the car seat with a passion. Shes a little happier if the car is moving, but not much. Sometimes she will scream the entire time we are in the car. I've tried loosening the straps a bit, but a snuzzler thing to make it more cozy, etc.

2. What kind of car seat do u have? Graco

probably an hour at most and that was to her doctors apptment. she won't tolerate very much, she can cry a looong time I've figured out

No I'm not brave enough with her screaming in the car .

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
June 4th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Does your baby like being in his/her car seat? Loves it!
2. What kind of car seat do u have?Graco Snug Ride
3. What's the longest baby has been in the car and what for? about 30 minutes to go out to my moms house.
3. Any long(ish) car trips coming up? How do u think it will go? we are going to the beach in July so it will be a 3-4 hour trip. I think he will do fine so long as he has a full tummy.

Me: 32 DH: 36 DS: 2TTC #2 since May 2013
BFP: 4/19/14 Miscarried at 5 weeks April 2014
7/14: Started with RE. Clomid 100 mg + trigger = BFN and 29mm cyst
8/14: On birth control for cyst
9/14: Femara 5 mg + trigger = BFN
10/15/14: HSG. Possible polyps and blocked tubes. Cycle cancelled for surgery.
11/20/14: Lap and hysteroscopy reveals tubes are clear, no polyps but found endo on uterus and ovaries. Removed.

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
June 5th, 2012, 07:05 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
1. Does your baby like being in his/her car seat? He does ok as long as the car is moving.
2. What kind of car seat do u have? Graco

3. What's the longest baby has been in the car and what for? 2 hours

3. Any long(ish) car trips coming up? How do u think it will go? 2 hours to my parents in 3 weeks.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
June 5th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
She doesn't like being put into it initially, but once we start moving (either carrying her, pushing the stroller after the car seat clicks into it, or the car moves) she's fine.

Right now a Graco Snug Ride that came with her travel system. But once she becomes too heavy to carry in that car seat, we'll switch her to the Graco My Ride 65 seat we got for her.

She's been in the car while it's moving for about an hour as we traveled to Jacksonville. She's gone longer in the seat while we're hanging out over at our next door neighbor's house...she'll sleep or hang out in the seat for a couple of hours.

We will be driving from Georgia to NY the first week in July. Since DH has to check in at work on the day we leave, we can't leave at 4 am like we usually do, so it will likely be a two day trip. I'm not entirely sure how it will go, but I'm praying it will go smoothly!

June 7th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Does your baby like being in his/her car seat? She loves it
2. What kind of car seat do u have? Currently, she's using Ava's Myride 65. Ava's using the one from MIL's car. I have a Snugride for Aria, but a mouse chewed through the styrofoam, so I'm waiting for the styrofoam and foam pad replacement from Graco.
3. What's the longest baby has been in the car and what for? Probably the ride home from the hospital, it was about a half hour drive.
3. Any long(ish) car trips coming up? How do u think it will go? We've got a baby shower coming up on Sunday, about an hour away. I think it'll be just fine.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

June 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At times, he is getting better with it. Once he is in and we get moving, he sleeps.

2. What kind of car seat do u have? Chicco Keyfit 30

3. What's the longest baby has been in the car and what for?As a PP said we live in the sticks. It is a half hour ride just to get into town. So, when we are grocery shopping etc he is in there for awhile. If Mike is with me, I will typically take him out when we get to a store if we are going to be in there for awhile.

nope

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search