Terrible day yesterday

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2012, 07:05 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
but a much better night.

Yesterday Jacob started crying around 5:00 a.m. and cried all day. I couldn't seem to do anything to console. He did nurse a few times and that always helped but as soon as he got done he was crying again. I went to my office and just broke down crying to my dad, who told me just to take him to the dr. So I called the dr and went into to see her. Jacob's dr couldnt' find anything outwardly wrong with him and she said that it was a good sign that he was still nursing good and gaining weight. he had gained 14 oz since the Monday before. She told me to give him mylecon every 3 hours and see if that helped. She thought that he had a belly ache or gas. So I started around 3:00 yesterday giving him mylecon every 3 hours and he seems like a brand new baby. He doesn't seem to be in any more pain and he slept great. He still only slept for about 3 hours at a time but he got up ate and went right back to sleep. I'm hoping that this has been the cause of his fussiness and with the mylecon drops he will continue to feel okay.

Now if I could just get my DH to help out more. Last night while I was pumping in the middle of the night I couldn't even get him to change Jacob's diaper. But that is another vent..lol.

Just wanted to share with you ladies that things seem to be looking up!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 6th, 2012, 07:29 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Im sorry he is having hard days
Yesterday was a hard one for us as well. He was up from 7am-5pm then slept until 9pm and was up a lot last night.
I am trying gripe water right now but want to get mylecon drops. I sent DH to the store for the Mylecon and he came home with gripe water instead.

It seems to be an every other day thing here. Right now he is sleeping but grunting and making all kinds of noises... Oh wait there he goes crying again

http://lindseysphotography.com/
June 6th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry Melissa! I'm glad the gas drops helped. Did you eat cabbage? That makes babies really gassy (including mine along with broccoli and onions).
It's so hard when you can't seem to do anything to comfort them. I'm so use to calming my older ones with videos and cookies =) Can't quite do that with Aiden yet

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
June 6th, 2012, 08:01 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Mylecon is the best stuff ever invented for my gassy baby! DD was quite gassy and we gave her a dose of Mylecon at every nursing session for 3 or 4 months. JR seems to be a little less gassy but he still takes Mylecon at least a couple times a day! I heard about gripe water and tried it a couple of weeks ago. It seemed to make him even fussier until I gave him the Mylecon.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
June 6th, 2012, 08:05 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I ate anything different to cause him to have more gas. His pedi asked me that and I tried to think of something but couldn't.

Lindsey definitely get some mylecon. They seem to be working for Jacob. I'm just hoping they continue to help. Right now he is asleep in his bouncey chair in the bathroom. For some reason the lights in the bathroom really seem to soothe him.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 6th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
YAY so glad the mylecon helped him! I hope that fixes the problem from here on out.

I'm sorry your DH is not being very helpful...my DH has had days like that and I just wanted to wring his neck! lol I hope it gets better for you.

June 6th, 2012, 09:08 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad the drops are helping! Fingers crossed that they continue to work.
June 7th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ava was a reflux baby, I used gripe water with her, I didn't know about Mylicon!!! Thank you for the tip!!!

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

June 9th, 2012, 05:11 AM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Blakely was exact same yesterday but slept 7 hours straight last night so all the crying was worth it! Lol hope todays better for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
I don't think I ate anything different to cause him to have more gas. His pedi asked me that and I tried to think of something but couldn't.

Lindsey definitely get some mylecon. They seem to be working for Jacob. I'm just hoping they continue to help. Right now he is asleep in his bouncey chair in the bathroom. For some reason the lights in the bathroom really seem to soothe him.
Do you have a vent/heater etc in your bathroom? I put B in ours on the counter right under the heater and she loves it! Very loud noise and warm plus all the lights and mirror

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
June 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor baby and MOM! Glad those drops helped!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search