gas problems? Thoughts

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Liam has gotten really fussy the last couple of days, all he wants to do is nurse constantly which would be fine but then he gets more fussy I think because his belly starts hurting. I was considering trying gas drops or gripe water but Im not sure which one is better, or if it's best to use nothing at all. And if Im using gas drops is smithecone or mylicon better?

June 7th, 2012, 05:14 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
simethicone is the ingredient in Mylicon drops. I started using them this week for Hadley. He's probably going through his 3 week growth spurt and they are fussy and wanting to nurse all the time during those days. I say the drops won't hurt at all and might even help.

June 7th, 2012, 05:29 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Agreed about the 3 week growth spurt. Kira was exactly the same way -- fussy and grumpy and her tummy seemed to hurt. We used gripe water; I'm honestly not sure whether it helped or whether she just got past the phase she was in, but either way, it cleared up after a week or so.
June 7th, 2012, 05:38 PM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Gripe water works best for us. Sofia hates the taste of the gas drops but loves the Gripe water. We used gas drops with Jack but he was formula fed and we just put the drops right in his bottle.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
June 7th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My boys have food allergies, so I always think of what I've been eating when Aiden is uncomfortable or really fussy. Some common gassy foods are onions, broccoli, and cabbage. Aiden also won't let me eat dairy. I have tried to avoid soy too because my older boys are allergic to soy (and milk and peanuts and tree nuts).
Hope you can find something that helps your little guy!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 8th, 2012, 06:41 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
We tried gripe water and nothing but the gas drops are working for us.
I am nursing and also trying to watch my diet and avoid foods that might make him gassy.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
June 8th, 2012, 07:01 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jacob has been super fussy and seemed like he was in pain. So his pedi told me to give mylecon drops every three hours and it seems to be working great. the gripe water did nothing for him. I'd talk to your pedi and see what he recommends but if it were me, I'd try the mylecon drops.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 8th, 2012, 11:58 AM
thanks he seems better today but he was up everey 2 hours in the night to eat wich is unusal for him so im guessing its his growth spurt for sure, i will probably still try the gas drops if he gets really fussy again

June 8th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gas drops don't work for us. We tried gripe water several times. It seemed to help a little then it didn't. DH left it out of the fridge so ibought a different one yesterday to try again. This one had a dropper not syringe. He choked and it was one of the scariest things in my life. So if you do get the gripe water with the big dropper be real careful.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 8th, 2012, 04:57 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR takes gas drops when he needs them. We tried gripe water and it did nothing. So it's a matter of baby as to which one works.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
June 8th, 2012, 07:03 PM
well DH got gripe water today and we've given it to him after two feedings when he was fussy and it seems to have helped so I hope it keeps working! I have the mommy's bliss one, it doesnt need refridgerated which is good because I would leave it out, and it does have the big dropper but ive been squirting it in his mouth super slowly like I do his vitamin d drops.

June 8th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mommy's bliss is the one he choked on. I was being very careful. I'm too scared to use any now

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 9th, 2012, 05:20 AM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
According to the medical community, gripe water and simethicone are both as ineffective as giving plain water. Buttt i disagree gripe water works great for us when she is gassy or needs to poop. She usually poops several minutes later. Haven't tried simethicone with her yet

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
June 9th, 2012, 02:23 PM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have tried both and the gas drops seem to work better than the gripe water. He loves the taste of the gas drops too, he is always smacking his lips together when he gets it, we call it his "baby crack", lol!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search