Breastfeeding and Pumping Question

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2012, 07:58 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have any of the breastfeeding momma's started introducting pumped milk in a bottle? How are you babies doing taking the bottle? What bottles to you find work best?

We have recently started giving Jacob a bottle in the middle of the night so I can sleep a bit more but he doesn't seem to want to drink much out of the bottle. He will normally only drink about 2 oz and I know when he nurses he is drinking more. And after he drinks from the bottle he will want to nurse again in about 30 minutes. he is also getting choked when he drinks from the bottle. Seems to come out too fast. We are using the newborn nipples but still faster than boobs.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 8th, 2012, 08:08 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Sofia drinks pumped milk from bottles. We use the playtex nurser drop ins. The flow is nice and slow but not too slow that it takes forever to eat. She eats about 3.5 ounces a feeding (which is about every 2-3 hours). She can pretty much handle any bottle. We also use the bottles that come with medela pump and she sometimes will use the soothie bottles as well if I haven't washed any of the other ones. She doesn't care what type of bottle she has as long as she gets milk from it... She will occasionally choke on the milk if she is super hungry and tries to eat to fast. IF she does that, then I just take the bottle away for a minute or two and try to get her to relax a bit.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
June 8th, 2012, 08:54 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started giving Kira pumped breast milk within the first week. She's never had a problem switching between the bottle and breast.

We usually use Dr Browns bottles but have also used the Medela bottles that came with the pump; she doesn't seem to have a preference.

Kira sometimes chokes/coughs when she eats too fast...but she does that on the boob, too.
June 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Abby takes two bottles a day. Once at 10 pm (I give her 6 oz of pumped milk so she'll sleep through the night), and then again at 6 or 7 am when she wakes up because I'm so engorged she'll choke on the milk. She nurses throughout the day, except when I have a day where I'm dragging and I need coffee, I'll pump and dump 3 hours after I drink it and give her a bottle instead. She does fine with both bottle and boob so it's not an issue. We use playtex drop in nursers with a slow nipple.

June 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not yet, but I want to introduce a bottle soon since I might be getting a job in the fall...Kaiden took a bottle early, but then I didnt give him one for a few months and he never took it again...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search