Weekly Baby Check In June 11 to June 17

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are your babies doing this week? Tell us what's going on with them. How much do they weigh, how are they sleeping, how are they eating, and any thing else that you want to share. Share a picture if you've got one.

This is Jacob this morning. He is getting so big. he will be 7 weeks on Wednesday and is weighing around 11.5 lbs. He is finally sleeping for one 4 hour stretch at night which has been great. DH is doing the feeding at 12:00 with a bottle so that's been nice. We finally found a bottle that Jacob likes. he has finally started smiling and laughing at me. We are really enjoying him. Every night I get in the floor with Jacob and Jackson and Jackson just talks to his brother. So sweet. I will usually read to both boys before Jackson goes to bed. Jackson has been so great with his brother. Makes it really easy taking care of both boys when Jackson is being so good.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 11th, 2012, 10:35 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hooray for weekly check ins!

Kira is also getting huge! I haven't weighed her in a week but she has to be over 11 lbs now (7 weeks, 3 days).

Her nursing has dropped off significantly but she's still gaining weight and has lots of dirty diapers, so I'm assuming it's all good.

The two biggest developmental changes in the past week were increased alertness/eye contract/tracking and the addition of some new noises. She isn't laughing yet, but she does more "human" coos and squeaks in addition to the usual grunts/snorts.

June 11th, 2012, 11:34 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR is a giant! I did a guess weight (stand on the scale with and without the baby) and he's around 12.5 pounds at 6 weeks. He's really starting to outgrow 0-3 month clothing and size 1 diapers.

He loves to interact with everyone but he shares a special bond with Allison. They are pretty inseperable- if he's fussy she will come up and kiss him or sing a song and he settles down!

I don't have any new pictures on my camera so I'll have to get one later!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
June 11th, 2012, 11:39 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Such sweet babies
Jaxson is 5 weeks and he is around 10lbs. He is very alert and loves being talked to and cuddled. He is a HOT baby and sweats if he has a blanket on him at all. We are still holding onto nursing, but he is supplemented with breast milk or formula.
He has been giving me 4-6 hour stretches at night, but that is only followed after he has been awake for 4-6 hours in the evening I'll take it!!!
I'm uploading pics now, so I'll edit after they are uploaded!

Last edited by .:fearless:.; June 11th, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
June 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love seeing all these beautiful and watching them grow!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 11th, 2012, 02:07 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Cody will be month old on Thursday. I can't believe he is going to be a month old. Time is going by so fast. I don't know how much he weights. Our scales at home are broke. I guess Cody is around 11 pounds. Cody is a very hot baby. He sweats if you dress him up to warm or wrap him in a blanket. Cody is sleeping about 4 hours straight at night. He dosen't like his crib so he is sleeping in the napper part of his pack-n-play. He is starting to smile more. Although I haven't been able to get one on camera yet.

We took him for his first buggy ride yesterday. He did great and slept the whole time. Here is some pictures.

From his first buggy ride

They call me handsome.
June 11th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Grant is a chunky monkey. He'll be 5 weeks old on Wednesday and I weighed him this morning - 12.5 pounds! He's starting to sleep a little bit better at night. Usually, I get at least one 3-4 hour stretch, which is way better than it was. Nursing is going wonderfully. He will also take a bottle of pumped milk, which means that I might be able to go out for a bit without worrying about feeding him. He eats really often, so I can't count on nursing him and then running out and getting back before he's hungry again.

He's smiling and cooing. His neck is strong and he loves to hold it up and push up off the ground. He can also roll both ways, but mainly will roll from his tummy to his back.

Here he is today:

June 11th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luke will be 7 weeks old this Wednesday. He has been super duper fussy and clingy the past two nights. All I can find online that seems to explain it is a growth spurt. I am hoping that it is short lived cause it is very frustrating. I am not sure how much he weighs but I would guess between 9 and 10 pounds. We are just now in 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers. He really started smiling and cooing this week which has been really special. It seems like every week he is doing something new. He is growing up so fast!

Here he is last week:

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by Sunshine0918; June 11th, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
June 11th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Archer had been having really bad gas and colic for weeks. If he was not asleep he was crying. The ped had us try soy formula. Then it was sleeping or screaming all day. We finally tried Nutramigen and it's a night and day difference! He actually has quiet times now where he stares at things and actually is not in pain. Such a relief. He sleeps most nights through the night. Sometimes 7 or 8 hours straight. Last week he weighed 11 pounds 1 ounce. He is mesmerized by his brothers. He loves staring at them.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 12th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww I love this thread! Such adorable babies Cole is 6 weeks and a few days. He is a laid back, easy baby. He likes to watch the world around him, and is getting a lot better at tracking and focusing on objects. He still enjoys tummy time and can lift his head quite high when he wants to. He has even rolled over a handful of times!! He is smiling and cooing. We can't wait for giggles! Here's Cole this week:

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!

Last edited by Beachbabies; June 12th, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
June 12th, 2012, 06:22 AM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brayden is 7 weeks old. He eats every 2 hrs during the day and 2-3 times overnight, but he sleeps awesome with me (we cosleep). However he does refuse to nap on his own..he wants me to lay down in bed w/him to nap which won't work when either DH or I go back to work!

He only lasts about 5 minutes tops in his swing (sometimes less) and the only place he is happy for 5-10 minutes is on the bed staring at the fan lol otherwise he wants to be held.

Here is my lil man with attitude!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

June 12th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Abby is 7 weeks already. She is a wonderful baby....she's still sleeping through the night and most of the day. She smiles and coos and is just go with the flow. BFing is OK, although my supply is starting to slow up, probably because she started sleeping through the night. At the end of last week she measured 10lbs 10 oz, and she seems to be growing like a weed lengthwise.

Here are some pics from this weekend:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search