Baby's eye color?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2012, 12:06 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When do baby's eyes change color normally? With Jackson his eyes were brown by the time he was 1 week old. With Jacob his eyse are still grayish almost green, close to the color they were when he was born. Both DH and I have brown eyes so I just assumed that Jacob would have brown eyes but he will be 7 weeks Wednesday and they still haven't turned. Have your baby's eyes changed? When should they change by?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 11th, 2012, 12:42 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kira's eyes are still bright blue (same as at birth).

I'm curious to see if/when they change, too -- neither hubby nor I have blue eyes but 3 of the 4 grandparents do, so it's entirely possible that her eyes will just stay blue.
June 11th, 2012, 01:11 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Dh has blue i have green. Karmen has hazel but it took months to turn.

Blakelys are getting a lighter blue it seems like so hers might be dhs color. His whole family has pale blue eyes

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
June 11th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cole's are still his birth color- gray blue-ish. Chase's turned an amazing green at about 3 months and were hazel by about age 2 and are still the same. DH has great pale blue/green eyes and mine are brown so we'll see. The grandparents are a mixture of blue, green and brown.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
June 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Over the first year of Grady's life he had blue, then green, then hazel eyes. In the last year they've turned more brown. SO for my kid it took a long time until the color switched.

Hadley's are blue now. I won't count on them staying that way unless she's older and they are lighter blue.

June 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have read different things. The most recent was by a year old. Damon's were blue and ended up hazel. My mom and his bio dad have hazel. Slater's were brown right off which wasn't a surprise. Both mine and DH's family have brown. Archers are a pretty dark blue with a lighter blue around the pupil. I'm curious to see what his will do. Especially since genetic wise I assumed they would be brown. I will have to look up what age Damon's changed.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've read that eye color can take years to change. I know my sister and I were both born with blue eyes. Mine changed to hazel fairly early, but hers stayed blue for 2 years and then turned to brown.

Grant's eyes are dark blue still. DH has dark brown eyes and mine are hazel. Lily's eyes were dark blue, then gray and then turned hazel almost exactly like mine. Vi's eyes were more of a sapphire blue and now they have a small ring of brown around the pupil and then are dark bluish-gray.

June 11th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
My 10 year olds eyes were bright blue (usually if they are that dark grey blue, theyll change to brown or hazel) for at least a year. Going back over pics, at 4 they were a darker greenish blue and now they are a hazel green with brown in only the center. Strange cat eyes. And it took YEARS to get that way I was convinced my 6 year old would have green like her dad but eventually they turned straight up brown like mine after well over a year.

I have always heard or read that they would usually at least start to change by 6 months.

June 11th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Abby's are blue-grey still. DH has blue eyes, so there's a chance she could end up with green or hazel eyes, but I doubt they'll be blue. Aidan's eyes were never blue, he came out with really dark eyes, so this whole grey eyed thing is new to me!

June 11th, 2012, 06:53 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Maiyas are dark blue still, really curious to see what happens with them...Kaiden had hazel eyes till about 4 months then they turned dark brown...we could have anything, I have hazel (mom has light green, dad has hazel), DH has brown (but his dad has blue and his brother has blue)...genetics are so cool:
June 12th, 2012, 06:25 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lydias eyes are still blue. but they are a darker blue than DS so I won't be surprised if they change.

June 12th, 2012, 07:14 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ember's are a dark blue-grey and I expect they'll be turning brown like her daddy's. Mine are blue. Kate's were grey at birth and they very very slowly turned hazel over the course of two years. Now they look mostly light brown, but some days they're quite green tinted.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 12th, 2012, 08:02 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
It was quite a shock when we had Allison because she had blue eyes- we kept expecting them to change and they have stayed the same vibrant blue! She also has beautiful long eyelashes so her eyes are the first thing everyone notices. It's funny when people see her blue eyes, they look at me with my brown eyes and say your husband must have the blue eyes. I tell them nope- he's got brown eyes too. They give me weird looks, probably thinking this must be the mailman's kid! Then, I tell them both grandpas have blue eyes and red hair.

As for JR, I think his are going to change. Right now they are grey/blue but they are starting to look more brown.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
June 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I read (or was told) that eyes can change color up until age 5. Mckenzies continue to change. They started out dark blue and have gradually changed to light blue then grey then more of a hazel. We will see what happens with hers. Brandon's are the same dark blue eyes. He has a much different coloring than mckenzie so I am guessing he will end up with darker eyes, but who knows. Genetics is cool!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

June 13th, 2012, 06:18 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
im pretty sure it can take up to 6 months. Charlies were slate blue for about 4 and then turned brown.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search