Cloth Diapering Mommies

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2012, 06:33 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you liking the cloth diapers? Any moms start out cloth diapering and switch to disposables? How often are you having to do laundry to wash cloth diapers?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I could not ask for more.
I am loving cloth diapering! Its been so much easier than I thought it would be. No go back to disposables!! I have been washing every other day (we have 24 cloth diapers) so when we get down to 3-5 diapers I throw a wash in.

June 13th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, this is the third baby that I have done cloth with. I have always found it super easy. i wash every other day or so

June 13th, 2012, 06:15 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
we are part time cloth still. I havent really found a system I truly love yet and Liam is a heavy wetter and a heavy pooper, it seems like disposables are the only thing that really hold it all in, so we are still using sposies at night, and when we go in the car for longer than 20 minutes. I also sometimes go for sposies when im running low on cloth (i still only have about 18 dipes) Im going sometime soon maybe next week to get a few more styles and see if I can find something I really like.

June 13th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm loving the cloth. We started with disposables until Nick's cord fell off and the amount of garbage we had tripled! We recycle and compost a lot so we are not used to a lot of garbage.

I usually do laundry every day but just because it's become a routine to throw them in first thing in the morning. If I skip a day we're ok, I could probably go 2-3 days without running out but I don't want poopy diapers sitting around that long.

My only complaint is that Nick always has marks on his legs from the legband being too tight but if we loosen them we have leaks. Any suggestions?
June 14th, 2012, 05:03 AM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am into it!! We still do disposables at night, I need to find some more absorbant inserts for nighttime, he's such a heavy nighttime wetter..but daytime cloth diapering is great. I especially love my pottypail and sprayer. I wish I would have done this with the girls! I love how soft they are on his skin!
Anyone have inserts that they love?
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
June 14th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Veteran
We're cloth diapering. Right now we're using green mtn prefolds and covers. We have 24 prefolds and about 8 covers and I'm washing every other day. We have about 3 dozen Kushies AIO's that are hand-me-downs from my sister's kids, but they are still too big. We're using disposables at night mostly because neither of us want to rinse poopy diapers in the middle of the night. My only complaint about cd-ing so far is that a lot of Aubrey's cute little outfits don't fit great over the fluffy diapers.
June 14th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lisa - we get marks too, but spoisies also cause marks. My boys have sensitive skin and they get marks very easily. It doesn't hurt them, though. Is it heat rash or chaffing? Maybe try powder? Or are you using serged edge diapers? If so maybe try turned and top stitched or just do a prefold or flat with a wool or fleece cover.
Leddie - I would try bamboo or hemp. I have the Hemp Babies brand hemp inserts and they work well. I got them for $3 each off Cotton Babies. I also like the bamboo inserts that my friend made for me. I actually think I like the bamboo better. My friend is Cloth by Kim on Facebook and Hyena Cart. You can also get reasonably priced bamboo inserts from Jack Be Natural (Kawaii Brand).

This is my third time cding so it's going really well. Aiden is a super soaker, so we use Pampers at night. He just grew out of his NB diapers which I loved so I'm kind of sad about that. He's now in snapped down one size diapers which aren't my favorite. If he keeps growing so fast, though, I can unsnap them around four months - then I'll be happy. I've almost always been in the habit of washing every day.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by TripleAmommy; June 14th, 2012 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Typos
June 14th, 2012, 07:26 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you guys do separate laundry just for the inserts or do you toss dirty baby blankets, onesies, etc in as well?

We bought all the cloth supplies but got into the habit of using disposables because Kira was too small for the cloth stuff at first. Now I'm having a hard time talking my hubby into switching. I think he's worried that separate laundry for inserts (in addition to the baby clothes) will be expensive and time consuming.
June 14th, 2012, 11:40 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am very thankful that I am doing cloth... this kid pees and poops all. the. time. and wants me to change her immediately. I can't believe how many diapers we go through a day! Prefolds and covers for the win.

Right now we don't go through many baby clothes so I'm throwing the onesies in with her diapers.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 14th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Carolyn - I don't usually do the clothes with the diapers. The diapers need to be washed on hot and I don't want the clothes to shrink. We use the same detergent for everyone so we don't do separate baby laundry. I just sort by color. It's really not expensive at all to wash the diapers if you have your own machines in your house.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
June 14th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wash diapers separately from clothes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search