Weekly Baby Check In June 18 to June 24

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2012, 10:20 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are your sweet babies up to this week ladies? How are they sleeping? How are they eating? How big are they now? Share anything else that's going on with them and share a picture if you've got a recent one.

Jacob will be 8 week on Wednesday. I can't believe that next Monday he will be 2 months old. Time sure does fly by. I haven't weighed him this past week but I am guessing that he is somewhere between 11.5 lbs and 12 lbs. He is finally starting to sleep a bit better. He will give me one stretch at night of somewhere between 4 and 5.5 hours which is wonderful considering that he was getting up every 2 hours. He is still eating a ton. Thankfully I seem to be making enough milk to satisfy. He will eat almost every 2 hours during the day. He is starting to interact a little bit more with us. He will smile and giggle when we talk to him and he loves looking at Jackson my 2 year old. He has almost out grown his size 1 diapers. I'm thinking soon he will be up into size 2.

This was Jacob over the weekend.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What adorable photos!

Kira will be 2 months old on Wednesday. Wow! The last time we weighed her, by holding her on our home scale, she was 11 lbs.

She slept through the night once last week, from about 11:30pm until about 5:30am. Just the one time, but that's a good start!

She used to nap all morning but this week she started having an alert period from about 10am until noon. I like it -- I'm a morning person so I enjoy interacting with her in the morning. When she's alert and wants to play in the evening, I don't have as much patience and energy.

Here are two photos from the past week:

Her little shoes in that photo were worn by both her daddy and her grandpa when they came home from the hospital! She was way too small when she came home to wear them, but she wore them this week in honor of Father's Day.
June 18th, 2012, 02:36 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Blakely will be 7 weeks old this week. She is a much happier baby during the day than in weeks past, and loves to smile at us when she's well-rested from a nap or night's sleep.

She sleeps great considering her age. She gives me at least a 4 hour stretch at first every night, but most nights its somewhere between 5.5-7 hours then every 2-3 until time to wake up. Unfortunately, she thinks 6 am is a great time to start the day luckily DH is switching jobs wednesday and going to work for himself doing what he now does on friday-sunday. Soo, since DH loves to wake up early, he can start entertaining her in the morning after she eats. She usually falls back asleep about 730 or 8. The little toot will sleep forever in the morning if shes in bed with me LOL

Still eats alot, but is better at sucking, so nursing sessions are much shorter than they used to be. More like 7 minutes or so instead of 15.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
June 18th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cole will be 2 months old next week! I don't know how much he weighs but will update after his 2 month appt. on July 10th when he will be well on his way to 3 months lol. He is a fun, easy-going little dude. He is content to go around with us everywhere and is full of smiles. He is settling into a routine of eating a lot during the day and eating and waking less at night. He is also up most of the day. Sometimes he takes little cat naps, other days he'll take a long nap in the afternoon. He is rolling over a lot from tummy to back and lifts his head so well- such a strong little guy! Here are a few pictures from father's day:

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
June 18th, 2012, 04:04 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR is going to be 8 weeks old on Thursday! He eats like a champ, sleeps great, and is starting to show his wonderful personality. He is mellow and likes to play with his big sister. I did a quick guess on his weight (stood on the scale holding him and subtracted my weight) and he was between 13.5 and 14 pounds! I have one big boy- people guess he's 3-4 months old.

Our big news is we started cloth diapering today. I have a friend who cloth diapers her DD that is a month old. She had purchased some pocket diapers for her DH who wasn't as enthusiastic to cloth diaper. Her DH liked the prefolds and covers and the pockets are still way too big for her DD so she was looking to sell them. I saw them and fell in love!

Here's a pic of JR in his first CD!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
June 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Grant will be 6 weeks old on Wednesday. He weighs at least 13 pounds now, he's a big boy! Lily and Vi were chunky but they didn't hit 13lbs until 2-3 months old. He is a very happy boy for the most part. He loves to smile and coo at people. I'm consistently getting him to sleep for 4-5 hours at night, then he nurses and goes back down for an hour or 2 and repeats that part a bit until he gets up for the day between 8 and 9am.

Here's a pic of him the other day:

June 18th, 2012, 07:20 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some cute kiddos in this PR!!

Ember is 2 weeks old today. She's awake a lot more than I expected her to be this young, she is wide-eyed and likes to look around. She's a bit of a fussy pants, she whines and growls and grumps at me a lot to change position, burp her, feed her, change her, whatever. She's been sleeping well too - she falls asleep in the evening when the sun sets, I wake her to change and feed her when I go to bed, and then she sleeps for another 3-4 hours before wanting to nurse and fall right back asleep for another 3-ish. but once the sun is up she's awake and grumpy and apparently I am not allowed to sleep in anymore. Hope she gets over that!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 18th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Wow, look at all of Ember's hair!!

Dang, our PR made some cute babies.
June 18th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Archer is 8 weeks on Thursday. DH weighed himself and then with Archer and he is 13 pounds. Since we finally found a formula that works he is less fussy and gassy. So he is able to have time where he is quiet and smiling and watching us make fools of ourselves for him This week he has started drooling quite a bit. He also is starting to swing his hands/arms and kick his legs with more purpose. He loves to suck but still will not take a pacifier. He loves sucking his hands but he takes them out of his mouth and gets mad. Once he learns to suck his thumb and leave it in his mouth he is going to be one happy baby. He sleeps anywhere from 6 to 10 hours a night. It's crazy! if I were not experiencing it myself I would not believe it lol. He eats every hour and a half all day. He also is awake most the day. I think that's what helps him sleep so long at night. He LOVES smiling at his brothers.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 19th, 2012, 07:50 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a bunch of cuties .
Lydia will be 8 weeks on friday. She is doing well. she was smiling a lot this morning . She gave me a few nights sleeping for 4 hours. but in general she is not really a fan of sleeping. and now that she is on meds for reflux she is a pretty happy baby. she gets cranky in the evenings but that's normal.
this pic has come in handy for all kinds of things lol two different photos of the day and it is the most resent one.

June 19th, 2012, 10:16 AM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jackson just turned 6 weeks yesterday! It is going by so fast! On our bathroom scale he weight 10 lbs but it could be few ounces more I assume. He has a doc appt on Friday so we will know for sure. He is more alert during the days and sleeps pretty well at night, usually going 4 or 5 hours. During the evenings he is a little fussy but not too bad and he seems to want to eat more often.

June 19th, 2012, 10:39 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm loving seeing all these beautiful babies.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 19th, 2012, 11:00 AM
OMG look at Jackson cuddling the little stuffed animal!
~Always~Hoping~ likes this.
June 19th, 2012, 12:09 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Cody is 5 weeks old. He was sick last week. Took him to the Dr's on Saturday. He is having problem pooping so we have to give him prune juice everyday. He has a mild case of reflux. He is back to his normal self this week. Saturday he weighed 10lbs 15ozs. He is a growing baby. He is starting to sleep longer at night. He has started to smile more and staying awake longer during the day.

Wearying his hat. [IMG][/IMG]

Wide awake.
[IMG][/IMG]
June 19th, 2012, 08:54 PM
ArmyWife06's Avatar Proud Army Wife
Hayden just had her 1 month appointment! She went from 5 lbs 15.5 oz to 7.2 lbs! Daddy just left to go back to Korea. She will ONLY sleep with me. She will pass out and I will carefully transfer her to her bassinet next to the bed and she will sleep for about 5 min, then wake up. But when she sleeps on me she will sleep for about 4 hours. She's breastfeeding NON-STOP. Seriously i can't put her down at all. I guess that's why she put on so much weight.

Here is my big girl at her doctors appointment yesterday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search