throwing in the towel...

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lisa H

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2012, 05:58 PM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
And I'm going to be okay with it too... I've been mad at myself, then okay with the decision, the disappointed, then overwhelmed, then okay again...I've decided that it's okay to "throw in the towel" so to speak, and i'm still a good mom.

Sofia's tummy troubles were finally diagnosed today with "lactose intolerance" I was given the choice to either 1: remove dairy from my diet 2: switch to soy formula and continue to pump and freeze my milk 3: switch to formula from here on out...soy formula.

I decided that to remove dairy from my diet would be next to impossible...seeing as that's pretty much all I eat. I have been exclusively pumping and feeding so I am physically drained from this as well. I have about 300 ounces of frozen breast milk in the freezer which will stay in the deep freeze and we will re-introduce her to the milk at 4 months when she starts cereals. But- I am starting the weaning process from pumping....and boy are my boobs feeling the pain.

With hubby leaving with the military in about 2 weeks, I have decided to make the switch to soy formula and get in that routine before hubby leaves. She has successfully been on soy for 4 days now and is doing much better. Oh- and to top it off, she was also diagnosed with thrush so she is being treated for that (as am I because it came from me...ugh)

If her tummy troubles aren't fully resolved in the next 2 weeks, pediatrician will also start reflux medication on her...

So- after I got over the fact that I "failed" in providing the best feeding source for my daughter, I decided that I'm not going to be mad at myself but just do what ever I need to do to ensure Sofia is happy and healthy...

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
June 18th, 2012, 06:17 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you made the right decision! I'm so happy to hear Sofia is feeling better already.

Heck, I was adopted and thus formula-fed all the way and I turned out just fine.
June 18th, 2012, 06:25 PM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
I was formula fed too and turned out just fine

I formula fed my son too...and he turned out fine...except for the fact that he's a monster!! (I guess they call that being a 3 year old though...)

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
June 18th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm happy you came to decision that you feel good about. I tried breastfeeding too and decided it'd be best to go another route. I'm happy and comfy with my decision (unlike last time). My daughter had had a lot of tummy troubles too and is finally starting to get better. She almost seems like a different baby. She is on refulx meds, milk of mag, and elecare formula.

June 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have to do what works for you. I'm glad you're feeling okay about the decision.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 18th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad Her troubles are getting better

I have guilt from time to time for not breast feeding at all. But for me it's the best choice. The medications I have to be on are not recommended to be on while breast feeding. I was able to breast feed Damon a week. Slater and Archer none at all. Most of the time I'm okay with it. Other times it's tough.

But what counts is we do what's best for our situations

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 19th, 2012, 12:13 AM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's ok. You are doing what's best for you and your family. I'm glad you came to terms with it and are accepting your decision. You will be better mom because you are happy with your choice.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

June 19th, 2012, 07:17 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree that you made the best decision for you and your family. I hope the soy continues to work.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 19th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks_mommy View Post

So- after I got over the fact that I "failed" in providing the best feeding source for my daughter, I decided that I'm not going to be mad at myself but just do what ever I need to do to ensure Sofia is happy and healthy...
I believe that the best feeding source for your daughter (and all our babies) is the one that allows her to be fully nourished without making her tummy hurt (and that allows you to stay sane). If she is feeling better after switching to the soy then you made a good choice.
CarolynBB likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search