I hate all my nursing bra's :(

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2012, 07:29 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I can not find any nursing bras that I like.
They all seem to have the metal or plastic wire that runs on the sides and they ALL dig into my side right under my armpit. I have tried about 6 different types.
I LOVE my victoria Secret bras... why cant I just have those as nursing bras

I want something with out the side wires, with a little padding, & the inside have the hole for your boob to go into (most of them just have the side strap and I am a D or DD depending on the bra and with out the hole I look down and see my boobs playing peek a boo out the side of my bra's.

Everything is order online and if you do not like it you have to pay shipping to return it.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
June 21st, 2012, 07:51 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried the bravado nursing bras? I love the original bravado nursing bra. It does have any padding though but it is so comfy and gives me great support. They have others that may have padding. I ordered mine from diapers.com. I just ordered a black one yesterday.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 21st, 2012, 08:39 AM
I want something like this...
The bravados dont have the hole. This is from Glamourmom but they are out of my size.

Last edited by lindsey2000k; June 21st, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
June 21st, 2012, 10:39 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That looks like a nice one.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 21st, 2012, 10:50 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
No help here sorry, I havent found one I like yet either, and why dont they make one that is like a cloth diaper, waterproof and with an absorbant insert so you arent leaking all the time? I think I might just make my own if I can figure out how.

June 21st, 2012, 10:52 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I get some almost like that from Target.

June 21st, 2012, 11:21 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just given a Gilligan & OMalley bra that I really like!! No padding, though. But it has the boob holes like you mentioned, and it's very comfortable and fits me well.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 21st, 2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
I get some almost like that from Target.
Do you have a item number or something on the tag?
I went to my Target store and they are remodling so they had maybe 3 differet bras and 1 type of tank in 3 colors and that was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarie9509 View Post
No help here sorry, I havent found one I like yet either, and why dont they make one that is like a cloth diaper, waterproof and with an absorbant insert so you arent leaking all the time? I think I might just make my own if I can figure out how.
If I could take parts off the bras I have here I do not like and turn my regular bras into nursing bras I think I would be so happy.. but I am not that crafty or have the time to do it.

June 21st, 2012, 01:14 PM
Veteran
The only idea I have is that you might be able to find a seamstress locally who would be willing to convert your existing bras into nursing bras to your specifications. Probably quite pricey, though.

I bought 4 bras at Motherhood Maternity about 2 weeks before I delivered. The salesperson said that my size at 38 weeks should be the same as what I would need a few weeks post-partum when everything "settled down". Ha! All 4 bras are too small 4 weeks out, but I don't really have the time to go bra hunting. I bought the biggest cup size that they had in stock, and I don't want to order online and guess on what my size should be. Mostly I go bra-less when I'm home with Aubrey.
June 21st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love my sleep bra and I just stay in it until I have to go out.
What about nursing tanks?
Some people use regular sports bras.
I've heard that Nordstroms has a good nursing bra fitting department, but you have to ask - they don't have their nursing bras out on the shelf at least at our Nordstroms.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 22nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I just wear my nursing cami unless Im really going out, I have over production issues right now and leak like crazy all the time so I dont bother putting real clothes on. That's why I wish they made a waterproof nursing bra, nursing pads just irritate my nipples

June 22nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I have this one. For 14.99 it's worth a try!
Cotton Soft Cup Maternity Bra:Amazon:Clothing

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

June 23rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey2000k View Post
I can not find any nursing bras that I like.
They all seem to have the metal or plastic wire that runs on the sides and they ALL dig into my side right under my armpit. I have tried about 6 different types.
I LOVE my victoria Secret bras... why cant I just have those as nursing bras

I want something with out the side wires, with a little padding, & the inside have the hole for your boob to go into (most of them just have the side strap and I am a D or DD depending on the bra and with out the hole I look down and see my boobs playing peek a boo out the side of my bra's.

Everything is order online and if you do not like it you have to pay shipping to return it.
If you are looking for Vikki style nursing bras, check out You! Lingerie. They have sexy and affordable nursing bras that look just like some of my VS bras. They don't have the hole for your boob, BUT they do have enough coverage to not worry about sideboob hanging out

I am a D cup and 2 of the full cup ones and they support me great.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search