Brayden's 2 mos check up

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brayden had a good 2 month check up. He weighs 12lbs 4oz (he was 7lbs 9oz at birth). He also is 23 3/4" long (he was only 21 3/4" at birth). His head circumference was 16". He is 50th-75th percentile in all categories and developmentally right on track as well.

He got 3 shots today and his rotavirus drops...he screamed during the shots but stopped immediately after, and he LOVED the rotavirus drops. He actually sucked them out of the tube lol. I nursed him afterwards and he's been in a great mood ever since..its sort of weird. He's normally fussy and crying everyday...and today he is cooing and talking and he actually fell asleep in the car. I bought some Tylenol on the way home in case he gets fussy or a fever later.

But overall it was a good appointment! Also I got my date to return to work..the job didn't work out for DH so I'm going back to work on July 2nd part time (20hrs) for the first week, then returning full time the following Monday on the 9th. I'm anxious but know I have to do it, so I'm resolved to leaving Brayden at home with daddy. It's going to be a rough transition because he is spoiled used to me holding him all day long and nursing him on demand..but like the dr said he won't die from a few tears and a few rough days of transition. At least he gets to stay home with daddy and not go to daycare ya know?

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Baby To Be Due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

June 22nd, 2012, 09:39 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hooray for a good appointment! Ours is next week and I hope Kira likes the drops as much as Brayden did. Can you believe they're two months old already??

I'm sorry to hear DH's job didn't work out but I am glad that B will get to be home with him. You sound like you're doing much better with that decision, too. How are you feeling?
June 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a good appointment. I'm dreading going back to work also and I go back next week. Atleast your kids can stay home with daddy, mine will be going to daycare.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 22nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great appt!

June 24th, 2012, 01:39 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not feeling that great about having to go back but its what I have to do at this point. DH is going to continue looking for a position so that I can hopefully stay home in the near future, but we shall see.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Baby To Be Due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search