Weekly Baby Update June 25 to July 1

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Twhylite21

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2012, 11:57 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are your babies doing this week? Anything new to report? How big are they getting? How are they sleeping? Are they starting to interact more with mom and dad? share a recent picture if you've got one.

Jacob is 2 months old today. I can't believe that 2 months has gone by already. it has passed so quickly. He is really starting to interact with us. He smiles when we talk to him and he makes these cute little cooing noises and he giggles at us. He loves to watch his big brother. He doesn't have his 2 month check up until next Monday but I'm guessing he weighs around 11 to 12 lbs. He is growing so fast. He still nurses alot and he still doesn't seem to particularly like sleep..lol. He will give me one 4 hour stretch then he is up every 2 to 3 hours during the night. We are hoping soon he will start sleeping for longer periods of time.

This is a picture I took this weekend. i was trying to get his smile on camera. It's a bit blurry..lol.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 25th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Abby is doing great! She had her 2 month shots on Friday, so Friday into Saturday we battled fever and serious crankiness. But yesterday she woke up feeling better and we had a good day. At her appointment we found out she's up to 11 lbs 7oz and is 22 inches long She's a sweet baby, always smiling at me first thing in the morning like she missed me as much as I missed her. She still sleeps though the night, although not always soundly so I'm not guaranteed a good night's sleep. And when I feed her out of a bottle at night and in the morning she's drinking 6 whole ounces!

Here are some pictures I took of her yesterday while she was hanging out with DH on the couch watching TV:

June 25th, 2012, 12:40 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oooh, these threads are my favorite part about Mondays. I love seeing everyones' babies!

Kira is now 9 weeks and 3 days. She has her 2 month appt on Wednesday and I'm guessing she'll be close to 12 pounds.

This week she has lots of giggles and coos and "eh!" noises. Hubby can often get her to imitate him when he says "ooooh!" to her. She still sleeps a lot and the nursing seems to have evened out at its new lower level. According to the anal retentive iPhone app, we're averaging about 80 minutes of nursing per day now.

Overall she's a very happy, cheerful little baby!

June 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jackson is doing great! He is 7 weeks today! He had his 6 week appointment on Friday and got 2 shots! He screamed like nothing I have heard from him, broke my heart! DH and I left him for the first time to go to a wedding and I honestly just wanted to get back home to him!! He is starting to smile more often and in response to when we talk/smile at him.

June 25th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cole will be 2 months on Wednesday and he has his check up then so we'll see how big he is! I'm guessing about 12lbs. He is starting to b able to fit into some 3 and 3-6 month clothes and is in a size 1 diaper. He smiles a lot and is really responding to us now he amazes us with how strong he is already. We are still waiting on giggles, but he makes the sweetest coos and other noises. He gave me a 6 hour stretch last night (woo hoo) so I'm hoping this is the start of something!
Here's my guy this week:

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
June 25th, 2012, 02:37 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I need to upload some pics to Photo Bucket! So no pics yet.

Jaxson is 3 weeks old today. Not a whole lot of new stuff at the moment, since he is still pretty new himself. He is generally a pretty easy baby. Nurses a lot when he is awake, but also has some great content moments where it really seems like he is taking it all in and would like to have a conversation about it all. He sleeps reasonably well at night. Usually gives me a couple 3-4 hour stretches, followed by a couple 1-2 hour wake-ups before we are up for the morning.

June 25th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Grant is doing well. He's pushing 15lbs or so...I need to move him into 3-6 month clothes. His 0-3 stuff is getting tight. He's smiling a lot more and he was trying to laugh today. He was going "heh heh heh" and then it would die out

Here he is with a little smile:

And here he is with Violet (this pic just amuses me )

June 25th, 2012, 04:28 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR is 8 weeks and has his 2 month appointment this Friday. I'm guessing he's around 13-14 pounds and 25 or 26 inches long (he's a super long baby!). He wears 3-6 month clothing and has started sleeping about 6 hours at a stretch. He's a serious baby and doesn't give many smiles but when he does watch out- he has dimples! He loves going places in his Moby, that thing is like an instant sleeping pill for him.

Here's a picture of him in our first cloth diaper (last week). See how chubby he is!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
June 25th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21;26206344

And here he is with Violet (this pic just amuses me :lol:)
[IMG
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj100/Twhylite21/100_1025.jpg[/IMG]
Lol! I like how Violet is still smiling, unaffected by it all!

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
June 25th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Archer will be 2 months tomorrow. He has his check up and shots this coming Saturday. He smiles a lot at us and opens his mouth and tries real hard to talk to us. Sometimes a little sound comes out. He has a big ol belly so a lot of clothes are too tight. He has a really oily head now. I bathe him every night and his hair smells fresh and clean. The next day his hair is oily and smells weird. Kinda like DH's . He will actually lay on the floor during tummy time for a few minutes before he starts fussing now. used to he would scream as soon as he was put down. DH weighed with him last week and he was 13 pounds or so. He's in size 2 diapers because size one are too tight on his tummy. He is a pig and drinks a bottle every hour and a half. It might be because he sleeps up to ten hours straight at night.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!

Last edited by Raven_Haired_Mama; June 25th, 2012 at 05:26 PM.
June 25th, 2012, 08:55 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love those babies!!

Jax is just over 7 weeks now. He is doing well. We are still struggling with some feeding issues. He is in most 0-3 and wearing some 3-6. Jaxson sleeps pretty well at night, which makes mama happy He is cooing and smiling! He is already VERY interested in our food and gets MAD that he can't have it. Kills me lol
June 25th, 2012, 10:10 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love the pics! I don't have any uploaded, I'll have to add some later.

Ember is 3 weeks old today! So not much going on with her, no smiles yet. She sleeps a lot, but she is awake for some stretches of over an hour during the day, fussing and staring around at everything. She is a good nurser but getting kind of lazy with my overactive letdown, her latch is getting worse because she doesn't have to work very hard for anything! At night she's still only doing about 2-hour stretches. And at 5am she's wide awake with the birds, wanting to stare and be held for an hour or so before going back to sleep with me. I am not fond of 5am. At all.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 27th, 2012, 02:07 AM
aka shawna
aww bless. everyones babies are too sweet for words!

just had lillian's 2 month appointment. weighing in at 10 lbs, 15 ounces. was 6 lbs 15 ounces at birth. she's now in 0-3 clothes. eats and eats and eats! we are only just now getting the gummy smiles. melts my heart. she's awake a fair bit more now. starting to get rather chatty, i love it! the other night she slept through the night, but i think that may have been a fluke. my two daughters have this amazing keenship on eachother. lillian watches sky's every move, i'm certain when she gets older, she will be her big sister's shadow, and that may be a bit annoying for sky, but for me, really endearing to see them together. i love my two girls! <3

will add photos in a bit.
June 27th, 2012, 09:35 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shelley I love the picture with Violet and Grant. that is priceless.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 27th, 2012, 10:02 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Cody is 6 weeks old. He is starting to smile more and be a little bit more alert. He is in size 0-3 months clothes. We are having stomach problems but working on it.
We took him to the doctors two weeks ago for his stomach and he weighed 10 pounds and 15 ounces.

On the way to the church for his Baptism. I made his hat and booties.

Finally caught a smile on camera.
June 27th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shelley that pic is so great!

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Super Mommy
Logan had his 2 month check up where he weighed in at 11lb 11oz, 23 inches long. The shots were terrifying considering it looked like they were stabbing him (he handled it better then I did XD ) but I know it needs to be done.
Lately Logan has become much more vocal with his screaming and his cooing. He might be having some digestion issues because he seems really uncomfortable after eating, which Im sure is totally normal. I noticed the day after his check up that the side of his head is flat and he seems to always be looking to the left. I looked up a few ways to correct the shape of his head but i am not sure if i should take him back in to have this looked at. On a good note tho he has actually been sleeping ALL night and when he wakes up he is totally calm an patient for his bottle!

The turtle is WONDERFUL! it actually vibrates and sings! Logan instantly stops crying when its sitting on his tummy!

Lol grumpy baby!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search