taking baby outside?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2012, 11:20 AM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Is the weather where you live decent enough to take baby outside much?

It was 106 degrees here yesterday with no breeze. We spent a couple hours in the pool while blakely napped. The video monitor was one of my best purchases. Today its supposed to be 105. I'm super sunburned, but it's been nice to be able to get outside some now that our pool water is warm enough.

I'd love to take blakely out more, but the only time I can is in the late evening when the sun is almost down. I have no idea if I will put her in the pool this season. I put her feet in last night and she seemed to like it.

Oklahoma summers are no joke. My poor DH is working out in the heat after he was already mega sunburned from yesterday. I always worry hes going to have a heat stroke. I'd like to exercise in our garage since we have an elliptical, jump rope, ab wheel etc but its just too hot to do any kind of exercise outside.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
June 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
I live in Minnesota, so the weather is so unpredictable. Sofia has been outside almost every day that it's not raining. The temperatures have been anywhere between 60-90 degrees since she has been born. She has also been camping with us twice already too. It's not so much the weather that bothers her, it's the darn misquitos that are everywhere this summer! We're also starting to get the army worm invasion too...so, our outside hours are less and less. Thankfully, we have a screened in deck that i've been sitting in during the days so she still gets the fresh air and breeze.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
June 26th, 2012, 11:51 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, that sounds miserable, Lindsey!

We sit out on our back porch a lot because most of it is shaded (good for us; terrible for me trying to grow veggies in a garden! ). The last few days it's actually been too cool and windy to sit out there, though. Bah.

Jessica, I love that Sofia has been camping with you already! I absolutely love camping and have been googling to see whether babies can go. I may have to pick your brain on that topic separately.
June 26th, 2012, 12:14 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's been pretty hot here but last Saturday we went to the pool and got Jacob in just for a few minutes. Other than that we haven't really been spending any time outside.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 26th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree that the video monitor is the best purchase ever!

The weather here is nice. 75-80 and sunny. Next month it will be a bit hotter. We are outside all the time, but I have Cole shaded in his stroller or in the little pop up cabana I got.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
June 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
It's been super hot here, but when we go swimming we keep her in a pack in play with a fan on her. Plus, my aunts pool seems to have a wind tunnel that always keeps the back yard super breezy. I put her in a tank top onesie and doesn't overheat. I would love to get her in the water just to see what she does, but I don't get her in the direct sunlight.

June 26th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's too hot here and too many Mosquitos. It's going to be 106 today and it's only June! Summer is the worst thing about tx. He doesn't seem real interested in being outside yet anyway. He squints and closes his eyes the whole time.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 26th, 2012, 01:28 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have had nice weather so far this year 60-90 we go to the beach every friday for a few hours it is pleasant under the umbrella. I brought her in the water last week, because it was so hot, she seemed to like it. I think i would go crazy if it was over 100 every day.

June 26th, 2012, 02:00 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Weather here (SW Missouri) is so hot right now. Forecasted upper 90s - 100 all week. And our humidity just makes it worse. I try to get out with the boys in the morning to avoid the heat. If the weather is nice, Jax likes being outside.

June 26th, 2012, 03:01 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes that is some heat!!

I've taken Ember out once, on a day it wasn't super super hot. She slept in the shade.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's 70s-100s here depending on the day. We go out all the time though, but I just keep Grant in the shade and have a hat on him, etc.

June 26th, 2012, 04:21 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
It's 100+ here. I guess we're just used to it, or she just loves being out in the warmth. Like her Mama!

June 26th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a mild winter. So mosquitoes are so bad. Especially early and late in the day. West Nile virus cases are showing up around here too

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 26th, 2012, 07:22 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we are having a tropical storm this week, so nobody is going outside in this rain...
But, Ive taken her out quite a bit...not direct sun though and never at twilight cause the mosquitoes are terrible...
June 26th, 2012, 08:48 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
It's been near 100 for a while here but that doesn't stop our family! Allison likes going to the park (and we have quite a few friends to go with) in the mornings before it's too hot. JR goes in his car seat/stroller in a onesie and we sit in the shade.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
June 27th, 2012, 02:24 AM
aka shawna
yikes! i dont think i could cope in most of your states.

we go out a fair bit, but it still fairly cold. the weather man joked june should be called june-uary. its been 56 degrees and rainy! my MIL got lillian a rain jacket. awkward to put on a baby, but suits us well.
June 27th, 2012, 08:09 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
Yeah those are pretty high temps. We've been having mid 80's-mid 90's. Tucker loves being outside. I take his pack and play outside, cover it with a sheet (except one side so I can see him) then I put a fan on low blowing in the opposite end his head is at. He loves it. Basically it is his own baby cabana. It stays about 10-15 degrees cooler inside his "cabana" Then I get to enjoy some exercise in the pool. He also loves walks. If it is warm when we walk I wrap a little ice pack in a burp cloth and lay it between his legs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search