Wipes

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2012, 11:10 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Does anyone use cloth wipes? I have thought about using them, at least at home, for Olivia. It would make diaper laundry just that much easier, since i wouldnt have to sort through diapers for dirty wipes before i put them in the washer.

So what kind do you use, do you use a wipe solution, or just water? Anyone make their own wipes?
June 27th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I use cloth wipes. I've bought some and made some. I make mine with flannel on one side and terry cloth on the other. Super simple to make. I like to topstitch mine for extra durability, but it only takes me about 2 minutes to sew right sides together, then flip inside out (so right sides are now out) and then topstitch around. Baby washcloths work really well too, and you can usually find them for cheap.

I use water mainly. I also have diaper sprays from California Baby and some cloth diaper places (Punkin booty bits, etc) that I use as well.

June 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
how many do you have on hand? How many do you go through in the time you wash diapers?
June 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have way more than I need. The cloth ones wipe up more compared to a disposable, so even for massive poop messes I only need 1, maybe 2 wipes. 20 would be plenty to have on hand and have enough to get you through until you wash. If you can sew, then you can buy 1/2 yard of flannel and 1/2 yard of terry and make a ton. It all depends on how large you want them as well, but a 1/2 yard of each will make a good amount.

June 27th, 2012, 03:08 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do! I have custom made terry/flannel wipes. I think I have about 2 dozen... but I also have several dozen more I use for everything else around her - wiping down the highchair, wiping off kate after meals, cleaning counters, etc. Love love love them.... just the right size (I think they are 8x8?). I just use water when wiping bums, toss them right in with the dirty dipes.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search