Over feeding?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chicknlittle

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Super Mommy
Does anyone else feel like they might be over feeding their baby? Logan will eat 4oz of formula and then 2 hours later want another 4oz. We track his total daily intake (really just to see when his last feeding was) and he never drinks more then 25-30 oz in a 24 hour period. I think that it might just be that hes sleeps for sooo long that when hes awake hes constantly hungry. What is the normal amount a 2 month old should be eating?
June 27th, 2012, 01:34 PM
aka shawna
i feel like i am over feeding as well. lillian eats 4 ounces every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. sometimes will want another ounce or so. her doctor wasnt concerned at her 2 month appt, and at 50 percentile in weight. so i'm thinking its normal? besides, i couldn't deny her food. those lungs kill me.
Aliciafj1 likes this.
June 27th, 2012, 02:05 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jacob nurses all the time and at daycare he is eating almost every 2 hours. My pedi wasn't concerned by his weight gain so I don't think it is a problem. they are growing like crazy at this stage. unless your pedi is concerned, I would feed him when he's hungry and not worry about it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ember nurses constantly, but I have no idea how much she's actually taking in vs comfort nursing.

If they sleep longer at night they do tend to eat more during the day to make up for it.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 27th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Archer eats 4 ounces every hour and a half. His ped said feed him on demand at his very first appointment. A ped in the same office acted like it should be spread out longer weeks after that. I will bring it up Saturday at his 2 month appointment. But really I'm gonna continue to feed him when he is hungry no matter what they say. I'm not gonna deny him when he's hungry. He's had a huge appetite since he was born. The nicu was even shocked at how much he ate. I fed my others the same and they turned out a healthy weight.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 30th, 2012, 12:45 AM
ArmyWife06's Avatar Proud Army Wife
Hayden eats all day long so I have thought if it was too much. But I feed on demand. So i guess she's ok.

June 30th, 2012, 08:00 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I was going to post something a long this topic. Cody eats between 4 oz and 5 oz a feeding. Sometimes he wants another oz after. He will be 7 weeks on Monday. He eats about every 3 hours. I also feed on demand. Our Pedi at our last appointment said we were feeding him to much. I told her he is always hungry. Although they were happy with his weight gain. I am worried we are feeding him to much. Cody is on formula
July 1st, 2012, 02:19 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
thats how much Liam eats, I know with breast feeding it's not a problem as far as getting overweight, if it's formula I would just check with the pediatrician to see how much they reccomend.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search