terrifying wake up call this morning

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Veteran
Rylynn will be 7 weeks old tomorrow...my, how time flies. Anyways, we are on a nighttime schedule of a feedings around 10pm, 2am, 5am, and sometimes at 6:30 or 7am. Last night we went to bed a little after 10 pm after she only had 2oz. She went to sleep like she wasn't hungry anymore. She woke me up a little before 2am, and had 4oz. Then at 5:30 am she woke up again. As usual, I carried her out to the kitchen, put her in her swing, and started making her a bottle. When I turned around she was bright red, crying with no sound, and it was like she just couldn't catch her breath. I flipped her over my knees onto her stomach and was patting her back...not just patting, I was hitting it pretty good as I was scared she was choking. She had spit up coming out of her nose (and she hadn't ate anything since 2am), and saliva bubbling at her mouth. It took me a good 5 minutes to get her back to normal. Of course it seemed like a lifetime. I was crying, she was crying. Terrible start to the day. She is now peacefully sleeping in her swing being a normal little baby, while I am still shaking from the whole experience. I mean, I was ready to run out the door braless and all to head to the ER if she wouldn't have suddenly recovered.

Normally, she should be super pissed at me because she is hungry. I got her to take about 1/2 oz, and she is back to sleep. I don't feel this is normal with her. She is normally very much a schedule baby. I can actually plan my day around when I know she's going to be hungry.

I am calling the ped as soon as they open in 45 minutes.
June 28th, 2012, 05:46 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad she is okay. I know something similar to this happen to Abby who is Justine's little girl (MammaJ) last week. I hope the ped can give you some answers and I really hope it doesn't happen again.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 28th, 2012, 06:31 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds so scary!! I'm glad she's ok -- let us know what the ped says!
June 28th, 2012, 06:40 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
How scary! Hope everything is fine.

June 28th, 2012, 06:41 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
That is so scary. Glad she is ok.
June 28th, 2012, 08:43 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
So scary.... I am glad everything turned out ok.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
June 28th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Veteran
Well, she is/was very constipated...I took her temp rectally to try and help things along, which it did. That is probably why she was freaking out. And the constipation may have had to do with the not eating thing, because she is eating as normal as ever now. I'm just going to have to watch her. Ugh. I'm still not over the ordeal. I haven't left her alone for a second today. She can nap in her swing...I'm not letting her out of my sight for awhile!
June 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad she is okay! Hopefully, now that she's not as constipated she won't do it again.

June 28th, 2012, 05:07 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How terrifying! Glad all is OK mama!
June 28th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So scary! I had a similar thing happen with Archer. I was giving him gripe water. It was a new one to us. I was very careful and he did the same thing you explained. I freaked out! His eyes looked lifeless during it too. I panicked and called 911. I suctioned the bubbling saliva and DH was patting his back. He finally started breathing again. But he was suddenly very still and quite when he previously been crying for hours. It was one of the scariest things ever. Needless to say we never gave gripe water again.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So very scary! Glad to hear everything is ok!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search