Feeding Check IN

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2012, 06:30 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If your LO is on formula, what brand do you use? Do you use powder, concentrate, or ready feed?

If your LO is BF, do you have any dietary restrictions that you are needing to follow (dairy-free, etc...)?

How often does your LO eat?

Have you introduced any sort of "solids" yet? If so, how much/often?

How long of stretches does your LO go at night before needing to eat?

Jacob is EBF and thankfully I have not had any dietary restrictions. He seems fine with whatever I eat. He eats every 2 to 3 hours during the day and at night he has started giving me one 5 hour stretch of sleep then he is back to his every 2 to 3 hours of feeding. Breastfeeding is thankfully going really good for us. I am enjoying this time around. I didn't really like Breastfeeding Jackson but he always had trouble with his latch. I still don't know how we made it 13 months.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 28th, 2012, 06:45 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kira is EBF though she gets bottles at night from hubby. I'm also lucky with no dietary restrictions.

She has a long sleep period in the morning where she eats around 6 or 7 and then not again until about 11. After that it's about every 2 hours for the rest of the day. Overnight is a crapshoot; sometimes hubby feeds her quite often and sometimes she sleeps almost overnight. There's no pattern there yet.
June 28th, 2012, 06:58 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Sofia is now on Formula. She was on breastmilk for the first month and then we switched to formula d/t her lactose sensitivity. She drinks Enfamil Prosobee and also the target brand Up&Up soy. (depends on what I have coupons for) She eats during the day every 2-3 hours. She usually takes her last bottle sometime between 8-9pm, sleeping around 9:30pm and then wakes up between 2am-4am for her next bottle. After that longer stretch, it's back to the every 2-3 hours for the day. She drinks about 4 ounces each feeding.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
June 28th, 2012, 07:06 AM
greeneyedchaos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to greeneyedchaos
If your LO is on formula, what brand do you use? Do you use powder, concentrate, or ready feed?

Breastfeeding but we use Enfamil newborn powder to supplement

If your LO is BF, do you have any dietary restrictions that you are needing to follow (dairy-free, etc...)?

Nope

She goes periods of wanting to eat every hr, usually then I supplement with a 2oz bottle, but sometimes she goes4-5 hrs..l no schedule really I just feed on demand

None

Some nights 4-6 hrs and we have some nights of 8-9 hrs.... She's doing really well overnight!!
June 28th, 2012, 09:30 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
If your LO is on formula, what brand do you use? Do you use powder, concentrate, or ready feed? ---

If your LO is BF, do you have any dietary restrictions that you are needing to follow (dairy-free, etc...)? I don't drink milk because her poop gets weird.

How often does your LO eat? Pretty often in the day. She won't go longer than about 2-3 hours.

Have you introduced any sort of "solids" yet? If so, how much/often? No way

How long of stretches does your LO go at night before needing to eat? 7-10 hours.

June 28th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If your LO is BF, do you have any dietary restrictions that you are needing to follow (dairy-free, etc...)? No restrictions here

How often does your LO eat? All the time I just nurse on demand

Have you introduced any sort of "solids" yet? If so, how much/often? No solids here until at least 6 months old

How long of stretches does your LO go at night before needing to eat? 5 hours has been the max. Most nights is 3-4 hours

June 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
We are EBF all boob right now. Will be trying a breast milk bottle soon to get him ready for daycare.

If your LO is BF, do you have any dietary restrictions that you are needing to follow (dairy-free, etc...)? Thankfully, no.

How often does your LO eat? All the time during the day. He does give me a couple breaks when he naps.

Have you introduced any sort of "solids" yet? If so, how much/often? Not until at least 4 months.

How long of stretches does your LO go at night before needing to eat? He usually gives me two 3-4 hour stretches.

June 28th, 2012, 01:55 PM
aka shawna
If your LO is on formula, what brand do you use? Do you use powder, concentrate, or ready feed? costco brand

If your LO is BF, do you have any dietary restrictions that you are needing to follow (dairy-free, etc...)? n/a

How often does your LO eat? every 1/1'2 to 2 hours

Have you introduced any sort of "solids" yet? If so, how much/often? not until 6 monthes.

How long of stretches does your LO go at night before needing to eat? usually 4-6 hours. though, i have gotten lucky and she's slept a solid 9 hours a few times.
June 28th, 2012, 04:59 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use powder and he is on similac sensitive

He nurses about 2 times a day and no.

About every 3-4 hours, night time he has went up to 6 hours

We JUST went to the ped today for his reflux and gagging problems. She has me putting 1TSP of rice cereal in a 4oz bottle. We just started that. By spoon, not at least till 4-6 months. I will watch his cues for when he is ready.

How long of stretches does your LO go at night before needing to eat
anywhere from 4-6
June 28th, 2012, 07:35 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are EBF, no issues, no restrictions. I nurse on demand, which means somedays it's every 2 hours, some days it's every 15 minutes. LOL At night she's doing 2-3 hour stretches usually.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 28th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If your LO is on formula, what brand do you use? Do you use powder, concentrate, or ready feed? We have been through many. The nicu started him on regular Similac and then Similac sensitive. Since then we tried soy and eventually ended up on Enfamil Nutramegin. We use powder. It's easier when we are out and about.

How often does your LO eat? Every hour and a half. Sometimes two at the most while awake.

Have you introduced any sort of "solids" yet? If so, how much/often? I know it's not a popular thing to admit. But I have tried some rice cereal in his bottle. With a spoon probably around 4 months if he is ready. He is a very hungry baby and has always been a piggy.

How long of stretches does your LO go at night before needing to eat? It ranges 6 to 10 hours.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
June 29th, 2012, 01:56 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
If your LO is BF, do you have any dietary restrictions that you are needing to follow (dairy-free, etc...)? JR is not a fan of onions, they make him gassier than he already is!

How often does your LO eat? Whenever he feels like it- some days it's every 3-4 hours, some days it's around the clock.

Have you introduced any sort of "solids" yet? If so, how much/often? Nope- nothing until 6 months or he's interested/ready.

How long of stretches does your LO go at night before needing to eat? He's my champion sleeper, I get a 5-6 hour stretch and then another 3-4 hours, then we're up for the day.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
June 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Liam is EBF he has had a bottle one time with pumped milk because our schedules got off track of each other. I thought he had a dairy sensitivity for a little while but it turned out we were just having oversupply problems and that's almost fixed now. I dont intend to do solids until he is interested in grabbing food or seems to need more than just milk.

July 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
I have to lay off the dairy and spicy food, otherwise she has BAD gas issues

Everyth 3-4 hours...once in a while she'll stretch it out to 5 because she's been napping, but it doesn't happen very often.

We put a tsp of rice cereal in her night time bottle (the only time she's guaranteed a bottle because she's BFing during the day) to help her keep milk down. I talked her to doc about her spitting up/choking issue and she suggested the rice cereal....it's been a week, and so far so good! No spoon feeding until about 4 months though.

She'll eat anywhere from 9pm to 11pm, depending on how often she's been feeding during the day. She'll go to sleep anywhere from 10pm to midnight, and wakes up anywhere from 6am-7am. Last night though, she ate at 10, went to bed at 11 and slept in til 8:30 (score!).

July 1st, 2012, 11:20 PM
ArmyWife06's Avatar Proud Army Wife
If your LO is BF, do you have any dietary restrictions that you are needing to follow (dairy-free, etc...)? Thankfully, no

How often does your LO eat? Up to 20 hrs a day.

Have you introduced any sort of "solids" yet? no

How long of stretches does your LO go at night before needing to eat? Not sure. She sleeps on the boob. That's the only way she will sleep. So i dont know if she eats while I sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search