Weekly Baby Check In July 2 to July 8

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By melissalaw
  • 2 Post By Lisa H
  • 2 Post By CarolynBB
  • 1 Post By Beachbabies
  • 1 Post By Twhylite21
  • 1 Post By bookworm16_2000
  • 1 Post By jacks_mommy
  • 2 Post By Mamma J
  • 1 Post By fromustobaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2012, 07:35 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are your babies doing this week? What are they up to? How are they growing? How are they sleeping? How are they eating? Tell us anything new that's going on with baby and share a picture if you've got a new one.

Jacob will be 10 weeks this week. My how the time has flown. He is getting so big. He is outgrowing some of his 3 months clothes so I'm going to have to go and buy some 6 month stuff. He has his 2 month check up this afternoon so I'll know later how big he is and I'll edit this post. He unfortunately had his first fever on Saturday night and we went to the emergency room but thankfully he seems to be fine now and no fever since Saturday. He is really starting to interact more with us and is smiling all the time and making lots of cooing noises. He is continuing to sleep for one stretch of 5 hours at night which is so wonderful. We are still EBF and he is still nursing like a champ. I went back to work last week so at daycare he is getting pumped breastmilk from a bottle and doing great taking the bottle.

Here are some smiles that I finally got on camera this weekend.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 2nd, 2012, 08:22 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
Nick is 7 weeks tomorrow! It's going so fast! He has just started smiling and cooing in response to us. He's focusing on things much more. I'm pretty sure he has a slightly lazy eye. We have a doctor appointment tomorrow so I'll ask about it then.

We had a rough couple of days on Friday and Saturday with Nick wanting to eat constantly and being very fussy whenever he wasn't feeding but yesterday I discovered that he is now too big for some clothes that fit him fine last week.

Daddy's funny!

His Dr. Evil pose
July 2nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bah, I typed out my response and then my browser ate it! Pooters!

Trying again...Kira is now 10 weeks and 3 days. We had her 2-month check up last week and she's 12 lbs 5 oz and 23".

Last week she had started laughing/cooing at us but now she does it consistently when we prompt her. She's also stared laughing at herself or at her toys -- sometimes when I think she's napping in her pack and play she'll startle me by suddenly laughing at nothing.

July 2nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our babies are the cutest!! Cole will be 10 weeks on Friday. He had his 2 month appt last week and had a rough couple of days after with fever and fussiness but now he's back to his happy, easygoing self. He weighed 12lbs 2oz at his appointment. He laughed for the first time last week!!! He has done it a few more times but not regularly yet. His pediatrician said to do tummy time 3 times a day for 15 minutes but it mostly consists of me rolling him back to his tummy because he rolls right away- hes a string boy! He's also sleeping so great, and it's been consistent for about a week now so I don't think it's a fluke. He'll sleep 6-7 hours for the first stretch and then 3-4 more hours until he's up for the day. A few more weeks of this and I'm going to start putting him on his brother's bedtime routine and bedtime. It will be great for DH and I to have some evening alone time
Here's my silly boy:
At the bay:

With Chase- look at his face lol. He looks like he's driving!
Tummy time:
~Always~Hoping~ likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
July 2nd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Such cute babies!

Grant is sleeping worse lately He was doing a 3-4 hour stretch at night, but now he's up after 2-3 hours, then every 1-2 hours after that. He has his 2 month appt tomorrow (a week early), so I'll see how big he is in then. He has started sucking his thumb, which is super cute. Both my girls were thumb suckers as well.

Here he is in his vibrating rocker chair (Violet thought he needed Snow White to sit with him):

Smiling:

July 2nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
These are some seriously cute babies! I look forward to Mondays for 2 reasons, homeschool playgroup and these pictures.

JR is doing amazing. He'll be 10 weeks on Thursday. We had our 2 month check up on Friday and he weighed in at 14 lbs 3 oz, 24 inches long! He's one big boy! He has no interest in rolling over but he loves to sit up and has awesome head control. He finally smiled at me yesterday. He's been smiling at my dad and DH for a couple of weeks but never me. He has been a bit fussy for the last week but we think he's teething because he's chewing on everything he can get into his mouth, drooling, and has a white spot on his lower gums where a tooth will come in... JR has also started sucking his thumb, it's cute because it's more of knuckle sucking than thumb sucking and he makes the best slurping noise.

JR and DH

JR sitting up

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
July 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Sofia is getting big. She just turned 6 weeks this past Thursday. she is smiling at us on a regular basis when we are talking to her and just yesterday she started to coo. She is wearing 0-3 month clothing. She sleeps for 5-6 hour stretch at night, up for a feeding then back to bed for another 2-3 hours before she is up for the day. She is pretty content and happy during the day and gets fussy around 6pm until she goes to sleep around 9:30pm. Here are some recent pictures:

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
July 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jackson is doing great! He is 8 weeks today, and I am guessing he is around 11lbs. He is such a little peanut! People always ask me if he is like 5 weeks old. He usually sleeps for a 5-6 hour stretch followed by a 3-4 hours stretch. He still likes to be swadled at night to sleep. He doesn't really take long naps during the day, maybe one 45 minute to an hour nap, the rest are cat naps. He is smiling more and more but refuses to let me catch it on camera! He is starting to coo more as well. We noticed that he laughs a lot in his sleep, it's the cutest thing ever! I wish he would giggle when he is awake too!

Here is a pic of Jackson from yesterday....

July 2nd, 2012, 10:40 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Archer will be 10 weeks Thursday. He had his 2 month check up last Saturday. He now weights 12 lbs. 10 oz. and is 23.75 inches. The doctor put him on his tummy and watched how strong his trunk is. He kept rolling over. She said he was very advanced in that area. I told her he has been doing it for weeks now. He has torticollis and will be starting physical therapy soon. I told he sleeps 6 to 10 hours and she was jealous. She said she has a 4 month old and gets no sleep. He has been smiling for a while now but has started cooing at us all the time now. It makes our hearts melt. He laughs some too. He tries so hard to suck his thumb. He's getting better but still pulls it out and gets mad. So he sucks his whole fist and loves it. I can't wait for him to figure out how to leave the thumb in. I will lay him down at night to sleep and he wakes right up and starts practing with his thumb and then is wide awake.

Goofing with his brothers

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
July 3rd, 2012, 07:16 AM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Abby is doing great! She's getting so big, I can hardly believe it. She just turned 10 weeks this past Sunday, and this week we're driving to NY to have her Baptized at my grandmother's church. It will be the first time my siblings, my dad, and my family gets to see her. She smiles a lot, coos, and does this laugh thing that's not quite a full giggle but it's getting there. Here is a picture I took of her this past weekend:

.:fearless:. and jacks_mommy like this.

July 4th, 2012, 06:49 AM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brandon is getting bigger for sure. I think he went through a growth spurt last week. On Friday, he weighed 13-1 and was 23.5 in. He is 6 weeks old. I just bought the rock n play sleeper and he started sleeping longer stretches - finally! He sleeps 5-8 hours the first stretch and then another 3-4 the second and sometimes third! He makes up for it in the evening though. I have been trying to put him on his tummy more. He loves watching the ceiling fans and mobile. He is also fascinated by these big Minnie and Mickey face balloons we have from M's birthday.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

July 4th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These are my favorite posts that we do! I LOVE hearing about what they are all doing and seeing pics!

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
July 5th, 2012, 01:27 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Such cute babies!!!

July 6th, 2012, 09:56 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love these
Cant believe all the smiles - my Kaiden didnt smile - EVER - till he was 3 months, so I'm loving getting all these Maiya smiles
So far, I've taken a picture every day of her life, so it is hard choosing a favorite!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search