Question for Mommies 07/05

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2012, 05:28 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BFing mamas: Has your baby ever been given a bottle?? How do they do with one??
Bottle feeding mamas: Do you hand wash your bottles or do they go in the dishwasher??

Jacob is in daycare so he gets bottles everyday. We started giving him one bottle a day when he was around 4 weeks old. He doesn't really like the bottle, he must prefers mom's boob to the bottle..lol. We just bought him some faster flow nipples that seem to be helping him with the bottle a bit more. The slow flow just seemed too slow for him. he always would get tired of the bottle before he had finished then was hungry again very soon.

We usually hand wash our bottles. I use playtex nursers with drop ins so I usually just wash the nipples. I will occasionally wash in the dishwasher.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 5th, 2012, 08:51 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kira does great with a bottle. We started her taking the bottle at night very early on and she has never had trouble switching back and forth. It's funny, in the morning/afternoon she prefers the boob, but at night she gets angry at the boob and wants a bottle. Hey, whatever works!

We use the dishwasher for bottles. With both hubby and I at home now we go through so many dishes that we're running the dishwasher every day anyway.
July 5th, 2012, 09:47 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
haven't used a bottle

July 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
Nick only gets a bottle when we are out for a very long time cause I'm too chicken to BF in public (even with a cover). He doesn't seem to care where his milk comes from as long as he gets it. I like knowing that I can go to the gym and other kid-unfriendly places and not have to rush back to feed.
July 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
We hand wash all bottles. We have a "bottle bin" next to the sink and each night before bed, one of us will wash all the bottles. I have enough bottles to get through the day and not have to re use them. We have a separate drying rack for our bottles apart from our normal dishes as well.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
July 5th, 2012, 12:11 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Jax has had a couple bottles. I was concerned about how he would take one, but he liked the first one we tried (Medela)! He will be getting bottles everyday at daycare starting in August. I always hand wash bottles. I don't trust our dishwasher!

July 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Grant gets a bottle of pumped milk every few days. DH usually gives it to him in the evening to give me some time alone with the girls or by myself. I hand wash the bottles.

July 5th, 2012, 01:01 PM
aka shawna
handwash followed by a microwavable sanitizer.
July 5th, 2012, 03:20 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR hasn't had a bottle- I didn't want to pump.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search