Think about it Thursday

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2012, 05:51 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is taking care of your baby harder, easier or about what you expected to be?

Taking care of Jacob was harder than I expected it to be mainly because I was also taking care of 2 year old. It is hard when Jacob wants to nurse and Jackson wants to play or needs help pottying. We are finally on a bit of a routine so it has gotten a little bit easier.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 5th, 2012, 08:43 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Knock on wood, it's easier. Kira is such an easy baby. We're terrified of what will happen if we have a second kid.
July 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
Nick is much easier than I expected. I was prepared for him to cry all the time but he really only cries when he needs something. It's much easier than taking care of my 12 year old autistic boy at work. He had days where he screamed non-stop for 7 hours. I admit that I do get bored at times when Nick is sleeping a lot and all the housework is done though.

I'm sure it will be much harder when we have a second.
July 5th, 2012, 10:23 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
So far, easier. She actually sleeps more than 2 hours at a time! She's pretty chill and low maintenance right now, but I'm sure she'll make up for that in her teenage years

July 5th, 2012, 11:49 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Easier. I was prepared for a difficult baby as my first was....and still is! Sofia is much more laid back....she has her moments, but so do we all....

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
July 5th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Grant's a pretty chill baby, so it's been easy taking care of him. The hard part has been finding time for myself and for time with DH with 3 kids now

July 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM
aka shawna
definitely easier. my 1st had colic and would cry for 6 hours straight. so i was ready for a repeat. havent had that at all with lillian. she's a happy baby. can take her to shows and out to eat and have company over and not stress about a fussy baby in the least. i really lucked out with this one. now, heres hoping i dont jinx myself.
July 5th, 2012, 03:16 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Easier- I was prepare for another baby like Allison. She had to be held all the time, nursed non-stop, and generally, was a high needs baby! JR is calm, I even get to eat food while it's hot They are night and day compared to each other!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
July 5th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
About what I expected Chase was an easy baby and so is Cole! I have been pleasantly surprised by how well he sleeps though. We'll see how the 2's go with Cole- that was a tough year with Chase.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
July 5th, 2012, 07:47 PM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably just as easy as I HOPED he would be.. He is just like his brother Gabe who is nearly 2... Kaelan is just such a good baby... He is so content most of the time.. I say to dh... ' SEE we DO have to have one more baby because we make AWESOME babies!!!'... hehe

July 6th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Veteran
Its easier for the most part! Logan gets gassy and that can be hard to deal with (cant stand to see him in pain) but other then that he sleeps or just chills all day!

July 6th, 2012, 01:16 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Just different really... Not easier or harder than I expected, just not quite what I expected Jaxson is easier in some ways than Jake was. Getting out and about, getting housework done, etc is actually easier than I thought it would be. Dealing with two of them at home is pretty much what I expected. I feel like I am neglecting Jake a lot, but I just have to make sure I'm looking at the big picture.

July 9th, 2012, 05:45 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Easier! I was scared I was going to have another high-needs baby, but Ember is pretty mellow and lets me put her down a LOT more than I anticipated.... so I feel like I still get pretty good time with my toddler and time to myself even! Getting out of the house is what I expected - it takes juggling and planning, but it can be done.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
July 9th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Harder. She's pretty needy and clingy. She only wants me all of the time (she can't stand my dh lol don't know why). Plus, my 2yr isn't adjusting as well as I thought. So it's been pretty tough, esp since I have no friends or family around.

July 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Things are harder here. B is definitely a much more difficult baby than Mckenzie was. She is a much more difficult 4 year old then she was as a baby too. Between the two of them, I barely have time to shower...

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search