Friday Fun

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2012, 07:24 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What sort of fun things are you doing with baby?

I put Jacob on his tummy time mat and he loves to lay there and look at himself in the mirror. I will also sit and read to him. I know he can't understand me but he loves to watch me and listen to me talk. He will just sit there and smile. it is so sweet.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 6th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
I love taking baths with Nick. He loves to just float on my hands, he would lay there until they water got cold if I let him.

I also read to him every night before bed. He loves the Dr. Seuss books. He likes their simple, high-contrast pictures and their rhythmic tones.

We sing together a lot. Nick likes Old MacDonald and Itsy Bitsy Spider. He tries to anticipate the actions and copy the sounds.
July 6th, 2012, 10:29 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kira loves her activity mat and the mobile above her pack and play. She lies there and talks to the little moving bears.

I like to read to her while she nurses; since it's just about her hearing my voice, I'm reading her one of my favorite books about a motorcyclist riding around the world in 1932.

We also do a lot of singing and dancing around the living room together. Sometimes I sing baby songs and sometimes it's whatever's on my iTunes playlist. I sing a lot of They Might Be Giants to her.

She's starting to be able to sit up pretty well in her Bumbo chair, which I'm happy about as it means we can start playing with different toys (balls, etc).
July 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR likes to play on his play mat and smile at his toys. He also gets to hear stories when Allison wants to, about 10 times a day! We play in our ourdoor swing quite a bit.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
July 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bath time is play time for Cole he also likes it when Chase sings him songs. I do little things with him like peekaboo, this little piggy, etc.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
July 7th, 2012, 09:25 AM
aka shawna
lillian is really into mimicking our facial expressions, and she tries to use her hands as well. i.e, i would kiss my hand and go muaaah. and she'll attempt in doing the same, but doesnt quite have the affect. looks more like she's slapping her face.

she also loves looking and batting at her toys. hasnt grasped any yet.
July 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Archer's favorite thing is bathtime. I talk silly and smile at him while I pour water on him. He coos the whole time with a big smile. My 7 year old has started reading books to him. He needs to practice reading this summer. But doesn't like to. So when I brought up him reading to Archer he had no idea it was good practice for him . He LOVES pattycake. He has since he was about a month old. He always laughs. he doesn't seem real interested in toys yet.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
July 7th, 2012, 10:46 PM
ArmyWife06's Avatar Proud Army Wife
we took a bath. i also put her on my lap after naps and play with her.

July 8th, 2012, 02:26 AM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He likes to watch the mobile in his crib or swing. He is really good about tracking them. We also watch big sister singing or dancing a lot.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search