Friday Question for Mommies 07/06

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2012, 07:28 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All about your baby's dr:
Is it a pediatrician or a family doctor??
What do you like and dislike about their dr??
Is it easy or hard to get appointments??

Jacob has a pediatrician that I absolutely love. She is also Jackson's dr and I don't think there is anything about her that I don't like. We follow an alternative vaccine schedule and she has worked with me to come up with a schedule that I am comfortable with and that seems to work great for my kids. She is very easy to get an appointment with. They will always work you in if you have a sick baby.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 6th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
Is it a pediatrician or a family doctor?? Family dr. We don't have any pediatricians in my area.
What do you like and dislike about their dr?? His daughter goes to the school that I work at so I know him (and his wife) really well. He always gives the best care and will answer any of my questions, often with a smile or laugh if they are a bit goofy. His nurse is really sweet too. And I can make back-to-back appointments for Nick and myself if I need to see him too. I'm not too thrilled with his office staff though, kinda grumpy.
Is it easy or hard to get appointments?? It is very easy now that I am not working and can go pretty much whenever they have an opening. While I was working they would let me come in before the office was officially open for the day.
July 6th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is it a pediatrician or a family doctor?? Pediatrician
What do you like and dislike about their dr?? I love our doctor. We picked her when pregnant with Lily and she is great with the kids. She is fine with whatever we want to do
Is it easy or hard to get appointments?? Pretty easy

July 6th, 2012, 10:33 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it a pediatrician or a family doctor?? Pediatrician

What do you like and dislike about their dr?? She's about our age and her personality seems pretty compatible with us. She's friendly, cheerful, and enthusiastic. We've only seen her three times so far (one pre-natal, the 3 day checkup, and the 2 month checkup) so there's nothing I dislike yet.

Is it easy or hard to get appointments?? So far very easy, but we've only been there for scheduled appointments.
July 6th, 2012, 02:22 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Is it a pediatrician or a family doctor?? family doctor
What do you like and dislike about their dr?? I like the fact that she is our whole family's doctor and if we have a scheduled appointment for one of us and a question or issue comes up for another, she'll take care of it then, instead of making us schedule another appointment. She also does an alternate vaccine schedule for all of the babies standard, no having to come up with your own!
Is it easy or hard to get appointments?? Super easy- the office has a NP and a PA to cover same day appointments and the doctor's will look in if it's the kids too.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search