Bedtime routine

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bookworm16_2000

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2012, 10:27 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Have any of you got your little one on a bedtime routine yet?

My 3 year old is on one...has been since he was 3 months old...so I started to put Sofia on one as well....started the same routine this past Friday and I must say I am exhausted. Probably not the best time to start when DH is gone with military for the month...but we are plugging along.....however, my frustration is it seems like Sofia forgot how to sleep. She used to take 2 long naps a day and like 2-3 cat naps and then went to bed around 9 pm. Lately she will only take about 3 cat naps a day (20 minutes each) and be up the rest of the day into the late night and due to lack of her sleep, she is super crabby! Last night I couldn't get her to sleep until 11pm then she was up at 2am and 4am and 7am...... I am one tired mama! What are you ladies doing to get your LO to sleep???

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
July 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope she starts sleeping better for you!

I usually nurse Grant around 9pm and then he's down for the night. That's our routine so far I want to start doing a bath, book, etc before as well but with the girls going to bed at the same time it's all a bit crazy still. I can't read the girls a book and nurse Grant at the same time because the girls start getting in his face saying "hey buddy!" and stuff and won't leave him alone. So, DH and I have to separate the kids for bedtime routine at this point.

July 8th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Super Mommy
I don't have one either, other than I try to time his last nap so it's a certain time before bedtime. I give him a bath or wash his head and butt every night, then dress him, nurse and to bed. Then he's out for the frist stretch. They will establish their own routine and just go with it for a while. I still thinks it's too early for us.
July 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope Sofia settles into a routine for you soon!

Our bedtime routine is pretty low key so far. Around 10pm, I start getting ready for bed; I nurse Kira and then we both go to bed. She usually gets up again somewhere around 2-3am to eat.
July 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
He has a bath around 7:30 (after Allison), gets his PJ's on, eats, and falls asleep. This works quite well for us because it allows me to do a bedtime routine with Allison by myself (DH has been working out of town for the majority of JR's life!).

I hope Sofia settles into a routine so you can handle Jack's bedtime on your own.

The way we started getting a routine was to just bring JR along for Allison's bedtime routine (bath for Allison, get PJ's on, watch a bit of TV to wind down while I give JR a bath, get his PJ's on, join Allison for TV while I nurse JR, then since he's asleep, read Allison a story, and go to bed so I can be awake when JR wants to eat at 1 am and is up for the day at 5!) In the beginning, JR was awake for Allison's story and I would nurse him to sleep after that but he just decided to start falling asleep earlier.
jacks_mommy likes this.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
July 8th, 2012, 03:50 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Bath at 7 pm and usually asleep by 7:45-8. My son is on a routine and has been since he was 6 months old and it works fabulously. He knows when bed and bath are and I never ever get an argument. It's nice. Plus, my husband isn't home at night through the week so a routine saves me and allows me some much needed "Jillian" time.

July 9th, 2012, 01:00 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think a routine is the key to getting your kids to sleep well and to getting them to go to sleep. My 2 year old is on a routine and he always goes right to bed with no fuss. I have put the baby on a routine also and it is working great for us. I bathe Jacob between 7:00 and 7:30, then nurse him and he is usually fast asleep by 8:00 or 8:30 and he will sleep for 5 hours which has been wonderful.

I hope you are able to get some sleep soon. I know how hard it is when your baby won't sleep much.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search