Question for BTDT Mommies

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 08:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At what age did you convert your kids toddler bed to a twin or full size bed? Did you use the side rails to prevent your child from falling out? if you didn't use the side rails did your kids fall out of bed?

We converted Jackson's toddler bed to a full size bed on Tuesday which was his 3rd birthday. He slept great the first night but last night he fell out of bed and somehow bloodied his nose. I still have no idea how he got a bloody nose because I moved everything away from the bed just incase he did fall out. We are now debating about whether to get him some side rails or not. I'm thinking about giving it a few more days and see if he keeps falling out of bed.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 26th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We never put side rails on. Lily slept on a crib sized mattress on our floor, then moved to a full size bed in her room with a box spring (no frame though). Vi slept in our bed (king size) or on the floor on her own mattress, then went to a twin with box spring. Now, she's in a twin with box spring and a bed frame that DH built that is way higher than I expected. She's never fallen out though. I do usually put a body pillow on the side of her though and the other side is the wall.

Lily's been in the full size bed since 17 months old. Violet didn't move out of our room until 25 months. We didn't use a crib for either kid, so they were used to being on a bed already.

July 26th, 2012, 12:08 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS is still in a toddler bed. soo I'm not much help lol.

July 26th, 2012, 06:07 PM
therightgirl08's Avatar Super Mommy
We had Tali in a toddler bed till she was 3.5 to 4. She is a tiny girl and fit in the little bed fine so we kept her in it. She had a twin bed that we had toddler rails on forever. Then she jumped on the bed a few too many times and broke it. She just got a loft bed this past winter which she loves.

July 26th, 2012, 06:27 PM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Jack went right from a crib to twin bed at 3 years old. We do use the bed rail. He will be 4 next week and still uses the bed rail. I am sure he would now be fine without it, but it's going to stay there for now...l

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
July 27th, 2012, 05:25 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks guys. Shelley I might try your recommendation and use my body pillow before we get the side rails. he did great last night and didn't fall out of bed but I'm sure it will happen again.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search