Babysitters

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 06:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do you feel about babysitters?

Who would you allow to babysit?

Have you left baby with a babysitter yet? If not, what's the earliest you would?

How do you feel about babysitters? I only trust people I know. I would never leave my kids with a babysitter that I didn't know.

Who would you allow to babysit? I have only let my mother in law and my niece keep my kids.

Have you left baby with a babysitter yet? If not, what's the earliest you would? I have left Jacob with both my mother in law and my niece. My mother in law kept Jacob when he was just 2 weeks old. I didn't let my niece who is 16 keep Jacob until he was about 5 months old.

I also have my kids in daycare but all of the women that work there are wonderful.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 3rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you feel about babysitters? God's gift to mothers.

Who would you allow to babysit? I'm not very picky. If I know the person, or have a personal recommendation from someone I trust, I'm fine.

Have you left baby with a babysitter yet? If not, what's the earliest you would? Oh heck yes. We have a nanny one day a week and she also babysat for Kira in the evening once. Our neighbor has also babysat a couple of times (she's a grandma herself and LOVES babies).

I'm also super-excited because I have a friend with a daughter Kira's age -- her sister-in-law just moved to town and is looking for babysitting gigs. Since she already sits for Kira's playdate buddy, I know she's good with babies.

Along the same lines -- what's the babysitter rates where you guys are? My nanny charges $18/hour and the sister-in-law that I just mentioned charges $13/hour. I remember babysitting for about $5/hour but then I remember that that was 20 years ago.
December 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
How do you feel about babysitters? They are a big help when you need it. I'm picky though, and only let people I know take care of the kids.

Who would you allow to babysit? My dad has watched both kids and I have a friend that I've known since high school (gotta love small town living ) and her teenage daughter that have watched the kids.

Have you left baby with a babysitter yet? If not, what's the earliest you would? I left both kids for the first time last week when I went on a job interview. I rarely leave my kids, it's one of the reasons I choose to be a SAHM.

Carolyn- my friend's daughter works for $10/hour. I'm not even sure what the regular rate is around here but if I get the job, I'll be finding out

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
December 3rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
How do you feel about babysitters? Luke is attached to my hip 24-7. He rarely leaves my side. I am very uncomfortable with the thought of babysitters.

Who would you allow to babysit? I have let TWO people babysit. That is my mother-in-law and my best friend. Both of them only babysat him for 1-3 hours. I think 3 hours is the longest I've ever left him.

Have you left baby with a babysitter yet? If not, what's the earliest you would? Yes. I've left him with my mother-in-law, best friend and husband quite a few times. But never more than a couple hours.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
December 3rd, 2012, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would probably be ok with a babysitter as long as they came highly recommended by someone I know and I met them first. It has just never come up because almost my entire family lives within a 10 mile radius- I'm so lucky.

Pretty much every family member has watched Chase at some point- he loves them all to pieces and its a special treat to him. He even has "sleepovers" at grandma and grandpa's house.

Cole has been watched by my mom, sister, mil, and step-mom, all for only a few hours and once for a full day when DH and I spent a day together for our anniversary.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM
Veteran
How do you feel about babysitters?
We don't use actual babysitters. Just family members.

Who would you allow to babysit?
The only people that have stayed with Rylynn is family, and my bff, who is pretty much family. Not just bc we are so close, but she is actually Rylynn's uncles cousin! Another very close friend has kept her too, but only for an hour or two.

Have you left baby with a babysitter yet? If not, what's the earliest you would?
We have. My brother just came over today to hang out with her so I could get to the gym for an hour since Ryan is working crazy hours. My parents are keeping her overnight 3 saturdays in a row starting dec 29. I've never left her overnight, but I feel she is old enough now.

The first time I left her was at 3 weeks, and it was only for an hour.
December 3rd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you feel about babysitters? I don't use them often. And my kids have to be older than a baby.

Who would you allow to babysit? My MIL kept Slater. My mom Damon. But my MIL didn't follow our rules when we ran to the store while she was at our house. So she will not keep Archer.

Have you left baby with a babysitter yet? If not, what's the earliest you would? Just DH. They would have to be an older toddler at the very least.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search