Thinking Thursday...

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2012, 03:28 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Did you know 6 hours is considered sleeping through the night?
So it got me thinking whose baby's are sttn?

http://lindseysphotography.com/
December 6th, 2012, 04:56 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
We are....about 9-10 nightly

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
December 6th, 2012, 05:07 AM
The longest Bryson has gone was 4 hours and that was the first week. He has not gone over 2 hours in months

December 6th, 2012, 05:43 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jacob sleep somewhere between 4 to 6 hours at a time during the night so I guess he sometimes sleep through the night.

Lindsey I don't know how you do it. I bet sometimes you have just gotten back to sleep and Bryson wakes back up. Does he want to eat everytime he wakes up?

I'm thankful for DH, every once in awhile he will get up and take care of Jacob for me so I can get a bit more sleep.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 6th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Jacob sleep somewhere between 4 to 6 hours at a time during the night so I guess he sometimes sleep through the night.

Lindsey I don't know how you do it. I bet sometimes you have just gotten back to sleep and Bryson wakes back up. Does he want to eat everytime he wakes up?

I'm thankful for DH, every once in awhile he will get up and take care of Jacob for me so I can get a bit more sleep.
IT SUCKS. Maidson was a crappy sleeper but by this point I had her in her crib and would nurse her in my bed and transport her once asleep to her room and she would go 3-5 hours. With him I can not move him or he wakes up. I try every night to move him to the pack n play and he is awake again before I even fall back to sleep. A lot of nights he wakes eats and wakes again before I can get back to sleep. Yes he eats every time he wakes up.
He is a crappy napper too. The only real break I get is after 8:00 when I put him to bed... but then I have to get Madison a bath and to bed and by the time that is all said I get down stairs to do laundry and dishes and before I can sit down he is awake.
Glad your DH helps mine will not. He *****es about how 3 days worth of dishes are sitting in the sink or how I have not gotten around to folding his work clothing ..... as he pirks his *** on the couch every night watching TV... he says he works 10 hours a day so he needs his 3-4 hour break at night... WHAT ABOUT ME? Right now he works 4 days a week so he has a 3 day weekend last week he picked up over time Friday and had to watch the kids Saturday and then Sunday was 100% him time he say on the couch watching TV and playing on the I pad all day. I am on week 2 of trying to get the Xmas decorations up for the kids and he wont help No lights outside this year because I just cant do it. To top it off I have 4 weddings to shoot this month... the busiest since Bryson was born. So this month is going to suck when you add the Birthday stuff with Madison and Christmas stuff.

December 6th, 2012, 06:05 AM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
Yeah it varies every night with Trinity. She can sleep great one night and have a couple 4-5hr stretches, but the next night up every hour. Thankfully I don't lose much sleep over it. Just pop boob in her mouth then back to sleep we go. This morning I woke up 1/2 way in the sidecar crib and sideways on our bed with her beside me in the same position, but attached herself to the boob.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

December 6th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Lindsey I'm sorry that your DH won't help out around the house. I got pissed at my DH last Friday because he was sitting on the couch doing nothing while I was trying to take care of Jacob, dust the house plus there was a ton of laundry that needed folding. he finally got up off the couch and helped a little bit. I won't fold my DH's work clothes, I'll wash them and then throw them up on the dryer and tell him to fold them.

it would be nice if your DH could understand how hard you work. You may not work outside the home everyday but I swear taking care of the kids is definitely harder than working outside of the home.
MamaT3blessings likes this.

December 6th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Well here is the kicker its not like I do not work I have to sit at my computer and edit. A wedding is about 20-40 hours of computer work depending on the wedding. So I have to try to fit that in. I wish Bryson was a long nurser like Madison was so I had more edit time but its getting harder because he likes to try and help..lol
But it pisses me off because I work AND stay home with these guys.
I feel I have it harder than a mom who goes to work because I could get done what I needed to but when working from home I can not.
Because he refuses I do have someone clean my house..lol she only charges $40.00 and comes 2 times a month. If not I would have a nasty house. But its so cheap I can not turn it down. I just now started paying for it because it was my baby gift from my inlaws they paid for it for 6mo. And since I have 4 weddings this month I am keeping her.

I make him wash his own laundry but I fold it. He is a construction worker and his clothing can stand on its own and gets all kinds of stuff on it I do not want to touch..lol

December 6th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Lindsey I agree it is harder to be a mom who works from home. I know when one of mine is sick and I try to work from home and take care of them, I get nothing done.

I have tried to convince DH to let me get someone to clean the house and he always says that he will do it but then he never does.

December 6th, 2012, 09:17 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lindsey, that sounds so hard! I definitely think it would be VERY difficult to work out of the home. I had a hard enough time doing it occasionally before having Kira; I would be distracted by the smallest things! I can't imagine doing it with a baby.

As for your original question, Kira is mostly sleeping through the night. She goes to bed around 8 or 9 and wakes up around 4 to eat.

The last few nights, she's had a cold and once she's asleep she sleeps more than usual...not waking up until 6 or so! I don't want her to be sick, of course, but I'm kinda liking the extra sleep for me.
December 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh Lindsey that sounds rough!

I'm very lucky, DH understands why the house is a disaster most of the week and on his days off he barely lets me near Nick except to feed. I get a lot done on those days. DH says he likes spending the time with Nick so it doesn't feel like "helping out" so much as playing with his son.

As for sleeping through the night, I'm very lucky there too. Nick has been sleeping through the night since he was a month old. The trade-off is that he only takes 1 short nap in the morning and he stays up until 11 or 12 at night but then will sleep straight through till 8 am.
December 6th, 2012, 02:48 PM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
I don't know what I would do if DH didn't do his fair share. He is really good about helping out with the kids. I would say its pretty much 50/50 share of the duties around our house. We do also have someone come in and clean twice a month which is a huge help. If Sofia does wake up in the middle of the night, 95% of the time DH will feed her and put her back to bed without even being asked. He just takes her from me. He's always been good with the kids. Tonight, he is taking Sofia with him when he brings Jack to his gymnastics class so I can have an hour in the house by myself.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
December 6th, 2012, 05:13 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Lindsay (((HUGS)))! I am grateful that my DH helps. He didn't get much of a choice because DD was so clingy, if he wanted dinner, he had to cook it. Now, he takes care of dishes (load/unloads the dishwasher), does bathtime with the kids, and takes care of his own laundry.

By definition, JR has STTN since he was born! This boy likes his sleep, unlike his sister who fights me like I'm killing her at nap and bedtime! He goes down at 7 we dream feed around 8:30 pm and then he sleeps until 5-6 am. It's so wonderful to have a child that doesn't oppose everything you do (DD had a really tough day today, if you couldn't guess).

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog

Last edited by bookworm16_2000; December 6th, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
December 7th, 2012, 09:10 AM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
Luke sounds alot like JR and Kira. He goes down around 8pm and will sleep till about 5p.... So thats 9 hours straight. He feeds at 5 and then goes back to sleep until about 7. So he sleeps 9 hrs straight, eats, then sleeps 2 more hours.

As far as DH goes....He helps out ALOT! We are 50-50 when it comes to household chores....but as far as Luke goes, its probably 80-20. But I don't blame DH for that. Luke really just wants mama all the time. DH tries to help me...but Luke will just scream and scream for mama. For example, DH came home and took Luke while I too a relaxing bath. Luke was not happy and cried until I got out. DH trys really hard to keep him entertained..but my little man is a mamas boy!

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search