Question for Mommies 12/27

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By CarolynBB
  • 1 Post By Raven_Haired_Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 05:29 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are your babies crawling yet? If yes at what age did they first start crawling?

Jacob turned 8 months on Christmas and he is trying so hard to crawl but just can't get it. On Christmas morning he got up on his knees and hands for the first time and looked like he was about to take off but just isn't quite strong enough yet so he fell back to the ground and did his little swimming thing that he likes to do. I'm pretty sure in the next few weeks he will be crawling all over the house, so now I have to make sure that any of Jackson's toys that could hurt him are put up and out of Jacob's reach.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 27th, 2012, 07:32 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kira crawled for the first time on Christmas Day (8 months 5 days)! She's been trying so hard and finally did it. It's very jerky and looks like a zombie lurching around but it's definitely forward motion!
muffin300 and melissalaw like this.
December 27th, 2012, 09:06 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lydia just got it a couple weeks ago. at 7 1/2 months. She is very happy to be able to get around. it is funny because she will rock back and forth to launch herself forward is she is in a hurry.

December 27th, 2012, 10:02 AM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
Luke is 7.5 months now, and is not crawling. However, lets define crawling.....are we talking hands and knees traditional crawl? lol.

Luke scoots backwards everwhere. He does not understand how to move forward yet. However, he could scoot backwards all over the house. He also gets on his hands and knees and rocks. Sometimes he will really start rocking hard and lunge forward and land on his chest. Most of the time, he gets up on his feet and hands at the same time. I think this is his favorite pose because he does this most often. He will get on his hands and feet and start bending his knees.

Heres what Luke does 99% of the time.... I lay him on his back. He immediatly rolls to his tummy and pushes up to his hands/knees. He starts rocking for a few minutes. Then he pushes up to his hands/feet and dances around. Then he goes back to his stomach and starts pushes himself backwards. Repeat. (lol)

He just does not understand how to pull forward. I wish there was a trick to teach him to pull forward, rather than push on the floor and go backwards.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
December 27th, 2012, 10:16 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol Ashley that is what Lydia was doing a couple weeks ago, so funny. and then in one day she just started crawling it was weird. very slow and shaky at first, but she has got it now. i bet Luke will get it really soon if he is doing that. DS never did the traditional crawl, he would get on one foot and one knee and crawl like that. it was so cute.

December 27th, 2012, 10:28 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR has been army crawling for 3 months and up off the floor for the last couple of months. He wants to walk! He's been cruising the furniture for the past month and is starting to get brave and let go but he falls down

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
December 27th, 2012, 01:16 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jax started army crawling right before he turned 5 months old and he is up on all 4's now. He pulls up on everything and cruises around it. He has bigger brothers and sisters he wants to keep up with
December 27th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Archer started crawling at 6 months.

Marjorie JR's twin over here is doing the same! He cruises then turns around and props his back against the couch then moves forward and lets go. He stands for a few seconds and falls lol.
bookworm16_2000 likes this.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search