Question for Mommies 01/02

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MamaT3blessings

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 05:32 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is your baby easy to put to bed at night? Was your baby easy to put to bed but now has gotten harder or vice versa?

Jacob used to go to bed so easily. I would bathe him, nurse him, he would always fall asleep nursing and then I would put him down and he would stay asleep. Now I bathe him, nurse him, he falls asleep and when I lay him down he wakes up and starts crying. the last two nights it has taken me over an hour and a half to get him to go to sleep. I'm not sure what is going on and of course DH is no help at all. His solution last night was to just let him cry himself to sleep which I just can't do. I finally got him to go to sleep and thankfully he slept until 6:30 this morning which was great because he never does that.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 2nd, 2013, 06:07 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shd has such a hard time going down, and a really hard time staying asleep also. poor thing is a really light sleeper. after 8 months of getting her to sleep putting her down her waking up and screaming over and over and over again for a few hours every night. I finally had to let her fuss for a little bit. and she did great! she fussed for a bit then she went to sleep and then the next night was even better. she was actually putting herself to sleep! then less than a week in of that, she got sick and clingy. and we are right back where we were. oooh well. I guess I am just going to enjoy her baby snuggles all night for a while longer yet .

January 2nd, 2013, 06:11 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Sofia used to fall asleep to a bottle. Now we always have to put her to bed awake and let her fall asleep on her own otherwise she just won't fall asleep. She usually cries for about 5 minutes when we put her down and then she is out for the night. I have no issues with letting her cry a little at night to fall asleep. She usually sleeps for about 10-11 hours straight now.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
January 2nd, 2013, 07:03 AM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
Luke cannot put him self to sleep. I nurse him, rock him, sing to him, rub his face, lay next to him, cuddle him....etc. I will do that until hes 5 if he needs me to. I enjoy it. Now I do wish he would allow DH to put him to sleep but that doesn't happen. It has to be me. He's tried to put him to sleep and he just screams and screams. I hate it so I just give in and hold him.

Anyways, yes Luke is very easy to put to sleep as long as I am right there with him. He falls asleep immediatly usually.
.:fearless:. and melissalaw like this.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
January 2nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to hold my baby to put him to sleep. It was about a half hour process. Then, a couple of month ago I laid him in his bed around bed time to help my 4 year old with something. Jaxson went to sleep on his own. After that...that is how he wants to go to sleep. Sometimes he will start to fall asleep in our arms and then he will push away and yell. He does better when DH is holding him. It makes me sad, but it will make it easier for when the new baby comes...if he doesn't regress (PLEASE DON'T REGRESS, LOL!!!)
January 2nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR is easy to put to sleep. He eats dinner, has a bath (because he's covered in food!), and nurses. When he's done, he rolls over and is done until 3-5 am. If my daughter were so easy...

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
January 2nd, 2013, 09:43 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kira is easy to put to sleep at night. She nurses to sleep and then usually falls asleep solidly. The only trick is that she prefers the Rock N Play to the crib...she fusses in the crib. It's going to be a very sad day when she completely outgrows the Rock N Play.
January 2nd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Veteran
I have it pretty easy with Rylynn, although not every night is simple, most nights are. We start our bedtime routine about 6:45 unless she's especially cranky, then earlier. We play and read a story after dinner. Then it's bath time around 7:15. After bath time we have quiet play time with daddy for about a half hour, or until she starts rubbing her eyes. Then she is down for the night. If she's had a bottle right before bed I do change her before I go to bed. Sometimes she wakes up, and sometimes she doesn't, but even if she does she goes right back to sleep and sleeps until 6-6:30.
January 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
Nick used to be a great sleeper. He was sleeping through the night from about 2 or 3 weeks old and going down very easily. Now, He'll go to bed really easily but wake up about 45 minutes later wide awake and ready to play. If we try to put him down again before he's ready he will scream. He usually goes to bed for the night between 12 and 1 am, it doesn't seem to matter what time we try to put him down.
January 2nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always rocked him. He seems to fight the rocking now sometimes. So a few times I have put him in the crib and layed down on my bed in the same room. He plays with his fish tank and cruises around his crib. Then he starts crawling and falls alseep. This is big sonce I had to lay down next to SLater until he was 7 years.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search