Feeding/sleeping routine

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
Regular
Hi All,

Can you please share with me your feeding/sleeping schedule? How much are you feeding your little one at each feeding?

While my pediatrician said "as long as he's gaining weight" then it's fine, but I would like to know what everyone else is doing... try something new, perhaps. or add more food and less milk...Thanks in advance for sharing!!

Currently we are doing the following:

6:00 - Breastmilk bottle - 9oz

9:00 - 10:00 - Nap
10:00 - Oatmeal (about 3 Tablespoons) and 2-3.5 oz of Breastmilk

12:30 - 2:00 - Nap
2:00 - Breastmilk bottle - 9oz

4:30 - 5:30 - Nap (sometimes he skips this one)
6:00 - Oatmeal (about 3 Tablespoons) and stage 2 baby food (about 3 Tablespoons) and 2-3.5 oz of Breastmilk

8:30/9:00 - Breastmilk bottle - 9oz
9:00 bed until morning.

I have a 4 year old, but I just can't seem to remember what I did for her! I feel lost! Thanks again for helping!
January 2nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
7:30am- breakfast of a jar of fruit or oatmeal
8:30am- 4oz of formula
10:30- 4 oz of formula
Noon- another jar of baby food and about 4 oz of formula
4pm- 3-4 oz of formula
5:30pm-another jar of veggies and about 3-4oz of formula
8pm- nightly bottle....anywhere from 4-9 oz. depending on how much she wants.

She usually sleeps thru the night but if she does wake up once in the middle of the night, she will have 6-7oz and fall right back to sleep...

All that being said, she is definitely gaining weight and growing! At 6 months, she was 22lbs.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
January 2nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
I am nursing, so I am not sure how much he is getting because I don't pump. But I will type our schedule for you Its always good to see what other moms are doing!!

7:30am - Nurse

8:30am - Breakfast - 1 full jar (4oz) of gerber fruit with 2tbsp oatmeal

10:30am - Nurse

10:30am-12:00pm - Naptime

12:30pm - Lunch - 1 full jar (4oz) of veggie

1:30pm - Nurse

3:00-4:30 - NAPTIME

4:30pm - Nurse

5:30pm - Dinner - 1 Jar (4oz) veggie and 1/2 Jar (2oz) fruit

7:30pm - Nurse

He is sleeping through the night usually, although sometimes will wake up around 5:00am to nurse.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
January 3rd, 2013, 12:45 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Until they are 1 BM or Formula is to be the primary food source Solids are just for fun. So I would not cut back milk but WOW 9oz bottles of Breast milk. I cant get more than 2oz when I pump.

I don't have a scheduled my day is all baby lead right now.
We started solids 2 weeks ago and only do it once a day right now.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 3rd, 2013, 05:44 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
9 oz is definitely a good amount of breastmilk. Jacob goes to daycare and will eat 4 to 6 oz every 3 hours. He will also eat 2 containers of baby food while at daycare. when he is home with me I nurse him so I'm not sure how much he eat, but he definitely eats more than every 3 hours, but his dr says that is because he is away from me all day and makes up for missing nursing while at daycare. He will go to bed around 8 or 9 and is back up to each sometime between 12 and 2, than back down until around 4 or 5 when he eats again and then gets up. Sounds like your baby is definitely eating plenty.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 3rd, 2013, 01:13 PM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
We are very baby led at the moment. Nick will nurse every 2-4 hours and has solids 2-3 times every day. Lately he's been waking up at night to nurse as well, he hasn't done that since June.
January 3rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love to help by sharing my schedule. .. but I really don't have one. I just feed her when she acts hungry and put her down for naps when she gets sleepy. it is generally around the same times, but not so set I can count on it. She usually takes a short morning nap. and a decent afternoon nap. she nurses whenever. and I feed her bits of my food if it looks like something she would like.

January 3rd, 2013, 06:27 PM
Regular
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the information and support!

Yes, I know 9oz is alot. But I did ALOT of pumping the first few months, so I have a bunch of frozen Breastmilk. I needed to stock up because it is difficult to pump at work. They supported me, but my workaholic self just got in the way. I ended up not being able to pump much after a few months back to work.

Ultimately, I may not have enough frozen to last me for one year, but I think I may make it to 9-10 months. I did give him more food for dinner this evening, and he seemed fine with it.

Thank you all again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search