We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
If you have a moment, read this blog. It is a must-read for parents. One of my friends posted this and I didn't think twice about it. I stopped for a moment just to read it, and am seriously glad I did. Especially since I plan on having multiple children, and I would never want something like this to happen!
So sad I've read that before and had DH read it and we were both really upset by it. Chase's room is the safest in our entire house because of this, but there are still areas we could improve.
Also, locking a child's room is a fire hazard. I think you were joking Ashley but I just wanted to post it in case anyone hadn't thought about that before. So many things to worry about with our kiddos!
Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
we need to attach the changing table and dresser to the wall.... acually the dresser fell on Madison in that same room its in now and why I never attached it I dont know. It fell and the bed saved it from falling all the way on her.... I think she was 3 as well as this little girl.
I read this the other day, but we had to head to a wedding, so I didn't respond to it, but oh my word! i was in tears. I can not imagine the total devestation that day must have been.
In the car on our way to the wedding I was on my phone shopping for furniture securing straps.
Rylynn isn't pulling up on things yet, but I'm getting this house secure and safe before it becomes a worry. We are also taking our huge, heavy flatscreen off it's glass stand and putting it on the wall. Glass + 100lb tv = oh my, so not safe for a baby!!
I hate that it took something so terrible to bring this to light, but I thank that woman for writing about it and warning all of us so we don't have to live through the same horror.