Three for Thursday

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 06:18 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby?
Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you?
Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you?

Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? DH will get up with Jacob once during the night. If Jacob gets up more than once then I have to get up with him
Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? Everytime Jacob cries DH thinks he's hungry so he will hand him to me so I can nurse him. I told him that Jacob cries for things other than being hungry..lol. I think he just uses that as an excuse for me to take Jacob when he's crying
Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? Jacob has DH's nose but other than that it is still hard to tell which once of us he is going to look like. I think Jacob looks more like DH than me and Jackson looks more like me.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 10th, 2013, 08:20 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? nope- but if I'm not ready to get up in the morning DH takes him.
Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? He tries to solve it first, then hands him to me if he can't.
Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? Me

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
January 10th, 2013, 08:21 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? Hubby used to stay up until 4am or so for work anyway, so he used to handle baby-related drama between 10pm and 4am. Lately though he's been going to bed earlier so I'm back on baby-duty all night.

Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? He knows what to do but maybe not always when to do it, if that makes sense. Sometimes he hands her off to me to feed her when it's obvious (to me) that she just wants a snuggle, and sometimes he tries to sing to her or snuggle when she's starving. But he really does try.

Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? Right now Kira looks exactly like my baby photos, so there's no question. But I think she'll start looking more like him as she grows.
January 10th, 2013, 08:35 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? Yes he does. I usually get up and make the bottle and he changes her and feed her. She usually only wakes up once a night, and he feeds her without even being asked.... He has told me awhile ago that he would rather be up for 30-45 minutes with the baby during the night than sleep thru the night and deal with a crabby sleep deprived wife all day

Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? Yes, most of the time. I will occasionally offer a suggestion if nothing is working, but he usually doesn't hand her over if she gets fussy, he just deals with it.

Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? He thinks she looks like me, but pretty sure he just says that because she is a girl. DS is my husbands mini-me.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
January 10th, 2013, 02:13 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? Nope. but she always wants to eat anyway...and he can't do much about that.
Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? He is pretty good not that she is a bit older. early on he just assumes she always wants to eat...usually right about that too.
Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? Him except she has blue eyes like me.

January 10th, 2013, 07:51 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? He works third so he usually isn't here over night. When he is (lately it has been Friday and Saturday night) he gets up with him in the middle of the night for me Also, during the week if he has had a rough night, Mike will stay up when he get's home with Jaxson, so I can sleep.

Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? He tries and solves it....I am bad about "just give him here, he just wants me". Sigh.

Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? He doesn't really say. He will say "he has your cute toes" Jax is a good mix of us though.
January 11th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? He works second shift and gets home at 1am. He tends to him if he wakes until I get up in the morning. Otherwise he sleeps through anything.

Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? He is better now that he is older

Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? He would probably say me

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
January 11th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Veteran
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? Uh, occasionally. Sometimes he'll offer to get up with her before we all go to bed. Not nearly enough though.

Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? He is actually pretty good at figuring her out. First he always thinks she's hungry but then when I tell him when she last ate, he goes through the list of possible issues she may be having. If he can't solve it in the first five minutes usually she is handed to mama.

Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you? Oh my, she is a mini Ryan. All that I see of me in her is her chin, and her dimples. He thinks she looks like him

Last edited by kld1981; January 11th, 2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: I didn't fully answer the question!
January 11th, 2013, 06:44 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
Does your DH/SO get up at night with baby? No (that was easy)
Does your DH/SO know what to do when baby cries or hand baby to you? No (that was also easy) lol
Does your DH/SO think baby looks like him or you?
Luke looks like a mix between us both.

Right now, Luke only wants me. He will not stop crying unless I hold him. There is not much DH can do. He is going through a phase (i hope its a phase) where ONLY mama can fix it.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search