Scary thing that happened last night

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Veteran
Now that Rylynn is rolling all over the place I've been worried about her rolling around in her crib overnight. So far, there's been no issues. Sometimes I'll wake up to see that she has rolled on to her stomach or side, but I can tell her head is to the side.

Last night I woke up in a panic at 3am. I wasn't sure why until I looked at our monitor. She was face down in her bed. I have never jumped out of bed so fast. I was terrified.

She was breathing. Snoring, in fact. But man! Scared the daylights out of me. And now I am a paranoid mess. Ugh. And she is supposed to spend the night with my parents saturday night so Ryan and I can go to a Zac Brown concert. I don't even want to tell my mother. She won't sleep if she knows.
January 11th, 2013, 12:17 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh I hate that feeling of terror in the middle of the night. Lydia sleeps face down a lot though. crazy girl just decided breathing was no big deal I guess. since she learned to roll by herself she will not stay on her back for anything. I will put her down dead asleep and first thing she does is flip over.

January 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Veteran
I guess by this age, they aren't going to let themselves suffocate right? Because I am not a fan of being scared of that!
January 11th, 2013, 01:13 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
its very rare after 6 months as long as nothing is preventing her from moving she will move

January 11th, 2013, 04:59 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, I know what you mean!! Kira sleeps face down all the time, and the first time she did it I practically had a heart attack.
January 11th, 2013, 06:36 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
I LOVE ZAC BROWN BAND!! Seriously, we have been waiting for them to come to this area!!

After 6 months, the chance is soooooooooooo slim that they will suffocate themself. They are able to move their face if they can't breathe. They wouldn't just keep their face down and stop breathing. A tiny baby would because they lack the control to move their head. But its nothing to worry about at this age. Easier said than done huh??! lol. I agree though because I still worry about Luke suffocating too.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
January 11th, 2013, 08:08 PM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynBB View Post
Oh man, I know what you mean!! Kira sleeps face down all the time, and the first time she did it I practically had a heart attack.

Same here....it's a nightly occurrence now.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*
January 14th, 2013, 07:04 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I think we are at the age where there body's will tell them to move.

but I hate jumping out of bed in a panic.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 14th, 2013, 07:37 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree that they are at an age where they will move to breathe if they have to but I completely understand your fear. The same thing happened to me last week when Jacob was sick. I woke up and checked on him and he was face down. Scared the crap out of me. I rolled him over and he was fine but still scared me to death. I don't know when a time will come that I will feel comfortable having him sleep face down.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 14th, 2013, 08:02 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Cody loves to sleep on his side at night and stomach during naps. I am always checking on him to make sure his head is to the side. So scary.
January 14th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Archer has been doing face down since he learned to roll. It would freak us out! But now we don't get so stressed. He's been doing it for some time now. And moving him doesn't work. He moves the entirety of his crib the whole night even before he could crawl.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
January 14th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Veteran
She did it last night too. I think she keeps her hands under her face, so it's not like she's smashing her face down. I'm a face sleeper too, I'm sure that's where she got it. I tell myself all the time she's past the age where she would just suffocate but I still get nervous!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search