Belly sleeping

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2013, 05:27 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who else's baby is sleeping on their belly? Jacob started this last week and now will only sleep on his belly with his face pressed into the mattress. I hate it. I will turn him over or try to turn his head and back he goes. DH says not to worry but it still worries me. I figure at 9 months he is big enough to be able to turn his head if he needs air but I am up half the night checking on him. Anybody's else have a baby sleeping like this? does it drive you crazy also?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 21st, 2013, 08:40 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kira has been sleeping face-down on her belly for a couple of weeks now. It stressed me out at first but now that she does it every night it doesn't freak me out anymore.
January 21st, 2013, 09:23 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lydia is a belly sleeper.

January 21st, 2013, 09:43 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate it. Jacob just buries his face down in the mattress and I have to stand there and watch him and make sure he is breathing.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 21st, 2013, 10:08 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR sleeps on his side or tummy and has since he was a month old. He doesn't press his face into the mattress though.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
January 21st, 2013, 03:26 PM
Veteran
I have a face sleeper too!! She doesnt' do it every night, but 5 out of 7 she will. And yes, it drives me nuts.
January 21st, 2013, 04:17 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Liam used to only sleep on his stomach from day 1 and NOW he only sleeps on his back lol

January 21st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Regular
You are suppose to worry, you're the mommy!

When out LO was smaller, he would love to have his hand or blanket over his mouth and nose. We assummed he loves the warmth of his own breath. Now our LO sleeps on his side, and sometimes on his tummy. He rolls himselft to that position, and there are times we find him with his head/face against the bumper of his crib. Not pressed against it, but close. He seems to self soothe himself that way.

If you are nervous, you can alway purchase the mat monitor/sensor. My friend had it... basically babies always stir, even in their sleep. this mat is placed under the sheets. If baby doesn't stir for a given amount of time, the sensor alarm will go off, and you can check on baby. it really works, and could give you piece of mind. The sell them at target or babies r us.
January 22nd, 2013, 04:56 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Archer has been a belly sleeper for a really long time now. It has helped his head shape so I never cared. But the face down was scary at first.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search