So over pumping

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 06:47 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I work full time so while I am at work I will pump 3 to 4 times and I am over it. I love breastfeeding and the closeness that I have with Jacob while nursing but pumping just sucks. It kills my boobs and it just terrible. anybody else just hate pumping?

what are you all planning on doing when baby turns 1, will you wean and switch to whole milk or continue breastfeeding/pumping until baby decides to wean? I am thinking about continue to nurse while at home with Jacob but switching to whole milk during the day while he is at daycare, that way I can start decreasing my pumping while at work. Jackson weaned himself, so trying to decide whether to wean a baby is something new to me. Jacob loves nursing so I really don't want to take that away from him until he is ready.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 23rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll continue BFing until Kira wants to wean (or if I'm having too much trouble conceiving #2) but I'ma SAHM so I don't have to pump very often. If I had to pump multiple times every day, I'd have lost my mind already. You guys are rock stars.
January 23rd, 2013, 03:43 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
would different size cones help?

sorry I rarely pump so I dont have much advice.
I plan to evaluate things at 1 year and see. I love bfing and so does liam, but I really want to start trying for #2 and I need to take clomid to do that. There are mixed opinions on clomid while bfing

January 23rd, 2013, 03:54 PM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, im in the same boat Melissa and I loathe pumping!! Im really conflicted on the cows milk thing. I'm really not a fan of it and creeps me out! Anyone not use cows milk and use an alternative?

January 23rd, 2013, 04:54 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I'm so glad I don't have to pump for JR- I hated pumping with Allison and doubt I'd like it much better this time around! Good job on sticking it out this long Melissa!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
January 24th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Always~Hoping~ View Post
Ugh, im in the same boat Melissa and I loathe pumping!! Im really conflicted on the cows milk thing. I'm really not a fan of it and creeps me out! Anyone not use cows milk and use an alternative?
I used cow's milk with Jackson and he did fine. I will probably do organic with Jacob and I didn't with Jackson.

Becky the cones fit fine, it's the pulling on my nipples that just sucks.

January 24th, 2013, 08:36 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
IM sorry it sucks

January 24th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Regular
Hang in there. You are almost to 1 year! You are doing great!

I hated it too. it hurt more the second time around. I ended up having to lubricate the cones with that special lotion. it helped!

With my first, I pumped until about 9 months. Then I ended up drying up because I couldn't get away from my office. It just became too busy. With my LO now, I did a lot of pumping during my first 3 months. I basically froze a lot of it, and stocked up. I stopped pumping in December. So now I am working through my stash of frozen BM. I hope to make it to 10 months, and will supplement with formula until 1 year.

I plan to give him Cow's milk at 1 year. I did the same for her, and she didn't seem to care. She actually enjoyed it more. We drink 2%. I hope he likes it as much as she does.
January 25th, 2013, 02:41 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
We will be doing organic milk at 1 year.

I watched an episode of Dr. OZ about milk and he freaked me out!!

He said the number one thing to buy organic is milk. He said everything else is pretty much the same, but he would never ever drink regular milk....So he made me freak out and now im only going to give Luke organic milk.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
January 28th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Why did he say that regular milk was so bad? Everything that I have heard is that pesticides don't flow through to the cow's milk so buying organic milk is a waste of money. I always buy organic fruits and vegetables because of the pesticides but wasn't sure about organic milk.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search