I hate diaper rash.

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By kld1981
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB
  • 1 Post By kld1981

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Veteran
I love the Target brand Up&Up. I try to buy as much as I can that brand, it's almost 1/2 cheaper than name brand a lot, and the quality is right up there, in my opinion. We have used their wipes since day 1. We use the sensitive kind. I use their formula, razors for myself, pretty much anything! But we have always used Pampers diapers.

So, I thought I'd give the target diapers another try. I had used them once, and didn't think I liked them, but they may have just been too big. They do run a tad larger than Pampers. So I bought a medium sized box. Loved them. Loved the price.

So I bought the biggest box (96). And now she seriously has the worst diaper rash ever. It began about a week ago. I have a prescription for it that is not doing a darn thing. Nothing I've tried works. So I think she may be allergic to target diapers. Is that even possible? We bought a box of Pampers tonight. I guess I'll do the process of elimination, but if the rash isn't gone in a couple days, we'll have to return to the dr. It's raised red bumps, and just generally red. And she cries during changes. I've started using a warm wet rag instead of wipes when its rashy, and even that doesn't help. She's fine as soon as I get the new diaper on her. I change her every 2 hours, plus as needed, so I know I'm not letting her sit wet too long.

Any other suggestions? It's not up her back, or down her legs, or on her privates. Just her crack and cheeks.
January 30th, 2013, 06:20 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jacob got really bad diaper rash when he was about 2 months old. His dr told me the best stuff on the market is boudreaux's butt paste, so I bought the extra strength boudreaux's butt paste and the rash was gone in 2 days. that stuff is seriously a miracle worker. So I would definitely try some of that. I've never heard of babies being allergic to diapers but anything is possible. I would definitely try to change her really often which you are probably already doing. I hope it clears up soon. it is so painful for these little guys and so hard on mommies.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 30th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Veteran
I know, it just hurts my heart when she yells and cries in pain when I'm changing her. I put her in Pampers last night for bed, and mixed some desetin creamy with aquaphor, and this morning, it's 110% better! I'm so glad. Poor baby butt.
melissalaw likes this.
January 30th, 2013, 07:43 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad it's doing better. I have heard great things about aquaphor also.
kld1981 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 30th, 2013, 08:53 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hooray for a happier butt!
kld1981 likes this.
January 30th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Veteran
Yes, the Aquaphor is now a favorite of mine...thank goodness. Ryan's sister recommended it to us, and boy was she right! The redness is almost all gone, there are only a few bumps remaining but they have gone from bright angry red to just pinkish. Yay!
melissalaw likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search