Diaper Changing

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB
  • 1 Post By kld1981
  • 1 Post By muffin300
  • 1 Post By rmarie9509

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 07:08 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is it easy or hard to change your baby's diaper? Does baby just lay there or try to move around and get away.

I hate changing Jacob's diaper. Lately he has gotten where he just won't lay still. I try to undress him and change his diaper and the first thing he does is flip over on his belly and try to get away. Makes changing his diaper hell. And after his baths at night I put him PJ's on his and they are button up and I have the hardest time getting all of the buttons buttoned. He will flip over and try to escape and then I have a naked baby crawling around the house.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 12th, 2013, 08:34 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ha, we have the same flipping problem. It's awesome when there's a big poop, huh?
melissalaw likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 08:49 AM
The big poops are the worst. most of the time I end with most of the poop on me.

February 12th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Veteran
I always end up with poop somewhere. Usually my hand or pants, but sometimes it'll end up on the carpet. Yuck. Rylynn is such a squirmer, she tries to crawl away naked too. I have found that if I just let her hold on to the lotion bottle, or the desitin tube, or my iphone, she will lay still enough just long enough that I can get the diaper changed, and clothes back on. Not every time. But most. Nothing like chasing a poopy bottom, huh?
melissalaw likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kld1981 View Post
I always end up with poop somewhere. Usually my hand or pants, but sometimes it'll end up on the carpet. Yuck. Rylynn is such a squirmer, she tries to crawl away naked too. I have found that if I just let her hold on to the lotion bottle, or the desitin tube, or my iphone, she will lay still enough just long enough that I can get the diaper changed, and clothes back on. Not every time. But most. Nothing like chasing a poopy bottom, huh?
I've tried that with Jacob. I will hand him a toy and he will just launch it across the room and then try to escape. the worst is when I get that poop under my fingernails..lol. I'm glad Jacob's not the only squirmer. My first child never really did this so this is new to me.

February 12th, 2013, 01:04 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
as soon as I lay her down she is rolling and crawling away. I have tried to let her play with things she can not usually have, but she just flings it around then tries to crawl away with it lol.
melissalaw likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 03:01 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
liam fights like a cat in a burlap sack to get out of diaper changes and he screams when I pin him down. Sometimes I just dont feel like dealing with it and leave him in a diaper all day if he doesnt poop
melissalaw likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 08:39 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
Haha! At the rate Luke pees, I would never be able to do that. He fills up diapers too quick! lol.

Yes diaper changes are a nightmare. If I give him something he normally is not allowed to have then he is fine. Like my phone or something.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search