Weekly Baby Check In Feb 17 to Feb 24

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB
  • 1 Post By MamaT3blessings

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 10:06 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Carolyn got me thinking that we haven't had a baby check in for awhile. So what are your baby's up to these days? Are they crawling? Are they standing? are they cruising? How are they sleeping? What are they eating? How big are they if you know? And please post a picture with your post so we can see those beautiful babies.

Jacob is still just doing the army man crawl, but is favorite way to move around is to sit on his but and use his hands to move him forward. he looks hilarious. At daycare they say he looks like an injured frog..lol. It is too funny. He has started pulling himself up and standing. No cruising yet though. I moved him to his own room about 2 weeks ago and that was the magic trick to get him to sleep through the night. He has finally begun sleeping from about 8 pm until 5 am. Every once in awhile he will get up for a snack in the middle of the night but not often. He has started eating some finger food, like green beans, carrots and apples. He is doing great and loving them all. They gave him some biscuits and gravy at daycare which was his favorite. I haven't weighed him since his 9 month check up but I'm guessing he is between 19 and 20 lbs. I'll weigh him later and see.

here are some more pictures of Jacob.

Waiting on dinner and trying to eat the chair..lol,

Playing with our Golden Retriever, Emma

And one more crazy hair shot.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 18th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Veteran
Rylynn is just about crawling. We are so close! She can stand if you help her get to that position, but today she had ahold of my necklack and was trying to pull herself up with it, so I don't think it'll be too long. She's 18.8lbs and 27.5 inches tall now! She still eats the stage 2 purees mostly, and the puffs and the mum mums. Saturday night I gave her some stage 3 food. She was not a fan of the texture or the small chunks of pasta. I had planned on trying again tonight, but with her being sick, I think I'll just let her have some fruit blend that I know she likes.

Here she is trying the stage 3...it was Herbed Chicken and Pasta. Sounds delicious to me. Apparently not!
February 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR crawls, pulls up, cruises, stands alone, but will not take that first step! He sleeps wonderfully, he goes down at 7:30, tops off at 11, and sleeps until 5-7 (depending on when I'm ready to get up). He eats everything in sight- whatever we're having and complains if he doesn't get his share! He was 22.8 lbs and 31.5 inches long at his 9 month appointment 2 weeks ago.

I'll update with pictures when DH is watching the kids!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 19th, 2013, 08:37 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kira is crawling all over the place. She pulls herself up onto EVERYTHING. She just loves to stand up. She hasn't tried to take any steps yet; sometimes if I hold her hands and let go, she can stand up on her own for a second but nothing longer.

She's sleeping pretty well again, thank goodness. She needs an hour or so to go to sleep now but then she's usually down for at least 6 hours. Knock on wood.

She eats pureed fruits (stage 2) for breakfast every morning and then has a stage 3 jar split between lunch and dinner. She doesn't like the small pieces of pasta either but the chicken and veggies dinner is a big hit. She also loves the mum mums and puffs.

Still just two bottom teeth. She's acting like she's teething but I don't see any new ones coming in.

She talks All. Day. Long. Right now she's sitting here playing with her stacking rings saying "BLAH BLAH BLAH" at them. She sings to her toys, too.

She was 20 lbs 12 oz and 28" last month at her 9 month appt. I'll weigh her on the bathroom scale tomorrow for 10 months.

This is what happens when I get out the camera these days:

Put me in, coach!

melissalaw likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Carolyn I love the picture of Kira with your hockey stick!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 19th, 2013, 09:35 AM
I know; she has her head up better than most of the adults I skate with.
melissalaw likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 08:54 PM
MamaT3blessings's Avatar Super Mommy
Alright, lets see, whats been going on in the life of Mr. Luke.....

His 9 month stats....a whopping 23lbs 8oz. Yikes! He is also 28.5 inches long. That puts him in the 90% for weight and 40% for height Mamas little chunk chunk!!

Luke is a blabber mouth. He talks, and talks and talks. I will have to try and upload some videos. Its hillarious. Although he hasn't said any real words yet. At least none that I can figure out. Lots of da, ba, ga, la, ah, uh....No ma sounds though! darn!

Luke is a crawling maniac. He goes like 50 mph on all fours! haha. He is also pulling on any and everything...which leads to lots of bumps and boo-boos He pulls up on every single thing possible! Its quite interesting over here lately....

He nurses ALOT. He nurses every 2-3 hours, and we've pretty much phased out of the purees. He eats what we do now. Although he still does not pick up food with his thumb and pointer, he just uses his palm to cram the food in his mouth...hey, whatever works! haha.

Sleep.....eh. Same ol', same ol'. Goes down around 7:30, wakes up once or twice to nurse, then wakes up for good around 7:30. Still co-sleeping

Teeth. He has five teeth. in the WEIRDEST order.... Okay, get this....He's got three on the bottom....and then two on the top. But not the two middle ones! He's got the two on the sides, like a baby vampire!! hahahahaha.

What else....he is mimicing alot lately, loves peek-a-boo, loves banging things together...oh, and he is standing now!

He just started doing this a few days ago. He just stands up all by himself. I'm like, "uhh when did you become a big boy??" haha. He will just stand there for about a minute, and then sit right now and crawl off.

Here are some pictures!

Standing like a big boy!

Night Night Superman!

Edible finger paint!

Riding his little friends bike
CarolynBB likes this.

Thanks Kiliki for the siggie!

***Ashley***
February 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Awww, Luke is standing already!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic