Question for Mommies 02/26

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 05:52 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you giving baby any vitamins or supplements?

I am giving Jacob a liquid vitamin plus iron. We put it in a bottle of BM and let him take it that way because it tastes so nasty. I guess my breastmilk doesn't give him enough iron because at 6 months his iron was a little low so I've been taking some extra iron also.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 26th, 2013, 07:51 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, nothing.
February 26th, 2013, 09:49 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I give her vitamin D every now and then, but the doctor said she doesn't really need it. I just know it has health benefits so I figure it couldn't hurt. She had her iron checked yesterday and it was good.

Melissa, after 6 months they usually get enough iron from their foods. We discussed it yesterday. I know it constipates so maybe he is getting it in his diet now?

February 26th, 2013, 10:41 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
I give her vitamin D every now and then, but the doctor said she doesn't really need it. I just know it has health benefits so I figure it couldn't hurt. She had her iron checked yesterday and it was good.

Melissa, after 6 months they usually get enough iron from their foods. We discussed it yesterday. I know it constipates so maybe he is getting it in his diet now?
I'll talk to his dr. It was at his 6 month check up that she tested his iron and it was low. I don't think they check it at 9 months though. We go back in soon for another check up so I will definitely ask. We are mainly just doing purees, do you think he would get enough iron from those?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 26th, 2013, 01:24 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
yes. As long as he likes the green things or the ones with meat or beans. My doctor said iron will dip around 9 months and then start working his way back up by 12 months. I'd ask.

February 26th, 2013, 07:49 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nope

February 27th, 2013, 08:37 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Liam has never had his iron tested. Our ped said to give him vit D but I dont like giving it to him because he always chokes on it. Since hes been born we havent even finished a whole bottle. I do give it to him if we havent been outside in a few days but we go on a lot of walks so I think he gets enough naturally. However I have been feeling like my body isnt really keeping up with his demands lately so I am going to start taking a multivitamin for myself, Im just terrible at remembering to take a pill every day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search