Breastfeeding Check In

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rmarie9509

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2013, 05:58 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whose is still breastfeeding? How's it going? Does anybody have plans to wean around the age of one?

Jacob is still breastfeeding and it's still going great. I go back and forth between weaning at the age of one and continuing to breastfeed until he's ready to wean. I think what I have decided to do it to switch him to whole milk during the day while he is at daycare and continue to breastfeed him at night. I am so over pumping while at work and would really love to stop that.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 11th, 2013, 07:47 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're still breastfeeding. I don't have any plans to wean until she's ready but, that said, she definitely prefers "real" food these days. So we may not go much past one just by her own preference.
March 11th, 2013, 09:09 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
we are still breastfeeding well here too, but I am conflicted/undecided about weaning. I think I will just start giving him milk and not offer/not refuse breastfeeding. I really want to start trying for number 2 so I dont want to be breastfeeding too long, but at the same time I love it and don't want to make him stop before he's ready so IDK! lol
melissalaw likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 11:42 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
still going. and I guess we will just keep going till it feels right to stop. so far she still just seems baby like. ..maybe when she grows teeth or starts walking it will seem better.

March 11th, 2013, 01:53 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarie9509 View Post
I really want to start trying for number 2 so I dont want to be breastfeeding too long, but at the same time I love it and don't want to make him stop before he's ready so IDK! lol
Exactly our dilemma too!
March 11th, 2013, 02:45 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Still going strong. No plans to wean. She can decide that.

I nursed Grady when he had teeth and could walk. He was still my little baby :*)

March 11th, 2013, 06:40 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The only times that Maiya is interested in breastfeeding are at night, right before her nap, in the middle of the night, and in the morning - so basically, we get about 4 good feeds in per day, and the rest of the time she is arching and straining trying to look around instead of at my boob...sigh...I will nurse her as long as she wants it, and wouldnt mind doing those 4 times for a long time, but I think I'll start supplementing with milk during the day, cause she's just not getting enough of me (and because she pulls off so fast and so often, I'm losing supply - and I simply dont have time during the day to pump with a 3 year old that doesnt nap)...
March 11th, 2013, 06:46 PM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jackson self-weaned from the boob a few weeks ago, it makes me really sad but since I had such a crappy start and battled low supple I am pretty excited we made it so far! I pump throughout the day and give him my milk that way and will continue to do so until we switch to milk (although I'm not sold on cow's milk yet, the whole idea of him drinking another animals breastmilk freaks me out!).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search