Poop poop poop

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 10:19 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kira has had diarrhea for about four days now. I'm so sick of changing diapers!

Poor little bean. No fever but today she seemed like she was having abdominal pain before her nap. I put a call in to the advice nurse, but I'm guessing there's not much to do other than wait it out.
April 1st, 2013, 12:10 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh No. She's not on any antibiotic is she? I know when Jacob is on an antibiotic it gives him terrible diarrhea. I hope she stops soon. Changing stinky diapers is the pits.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 1st, 2013, 02:16 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lyds have been real soft diarrhea like and way more frequent...I was guessing teething. but maybe it is something with the age.

April 1st, 2013, 04:46 PM
Nope, no antibiotics. We've been giving her all kinds of new foods so the advice nurse thinks that's a likely culprit (she's not acting sick otherwise; no fever, no runny nose, etc). Nothing to do but focus on bland foods for a couple of days -- lots of carbs like bread, rice, crackers, etc -- and pinch our noses when it's diaper time.

The worst part is that all the poops have flared up her diaper rash so she screams and flails and arches her back and twists around every time I change her.
April 2nd, 2013, 06:27 AM
Poor Kira. Poop is terrible for their poor little bottoms. If I don't get it off of Jacob right away that darn diaper rash flares up also. His little butt is so sensitive.

April 2nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Veteran
Antibiotics do the same thing to Rylynn...and oh the diaper rash! It's never fun. We are also giving Rylynn all kinds of new things to try as well, so her diapers have been rather stinky lately too...I suppose it comes with the territory!
April 2nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor Kira! Is she feeling better yet?

April 2nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Not yet. She's still pooping all day, seems to have painful gas, and the diaper rash is horrible. I can't use wipes on her at all. If she's not better by Thursday, I'm to bring her in to the doctor.
April 3rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
I agree I'd take her to the dr if she doesn't get better. Poor little Kira. Even eating new foods you wouldn't think she would have the painful gas. The dr maybe able to give you some kind of prescription diaper cream if it is really bad.

April 3rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Yeah, I'm just guessing about the gas, but she'll stop playing and bend over double and grunt a bunch before making big farts. I figure, if *I* were doing that, I probably had gas.

We gave her a long soak in the bath last night with baking soda and then really lathered her up with the maximum strength butt paste. She's still asleep now (12 hours!) so hopefully once she wakes up and I check on her, I'll find the rash is better. Fingers crossed.
April 3rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
Fingers Crossed. When Jackson was a baby he would double over and grunt and fart alot but he did it because he couldn't poop. he was always constipated and I don't think that's Kira's problem. Sounds like you got a good night sleep!!

April 3rd, 2013, 05:47 PM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, I am picturing her doubled over, poor baby!!

April 3rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Today wasn't really any better. She didn't seem to be in as much tummy pain, but she was still pooping every 30-60 minutes all day, and the rash is out of control (raw and chafed). I can't use wipes on her -- even the non-alcohol ones -- so every time she poops, I have to undress her, rinse her in the sink or tub, blot her dry, and reapply the cream. Did I mention that's every 30-60 minutes? We did three soak-in-baking soda baths, and I'm trying a size-bigger-than-normal diaper.

Going to call the doc in the morning and try to get in, if for no other reason than for a stronger diaper cream.
April 4th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Poor Kira. Yes I definitely agree that taking her to the dr is what you should do. I don't think she should be pooping that much. Let us know what the dr says.

April 4th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Today seems to be a bit better. She has had runny poop most of the day but also had two more solid poops. Plus, they're not every 60 minutes and she's tolerating gentle wipes today, so, yay!

The doctor recommended we switch to A-D diaper cream until the raw spots clear up. I guess the creams with heavy zinc oxide (like the butt paste we were using) can irritate the raw spots and it's hard to wipe off, too. So now we're just using A-D, which is lanolin and petroleum, until the skin heals. We look like a pharmacy -- we have five different diaper creams now.
April 4th, 2013, 05:17 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Glad to hear it seems to be better. Poor thing

http://lindseysphotography.com/
April 5th, 2013, 05:29 AM
I'm glad that she's not pooping all the time. did the dr think all the poop was because of her diet? Wonder if she had a little stomach bug that was causing all the diarrhea?

I hope her little butt gets better soon. I know how miserable they are with that terrible diaper rash.

April 5th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Today is much better. The A+D cream seems to be helping the raw skin. It's still raw but doesn't seem to be hurting her as much. We're still doing a very bland diet -- lots of bananas and Cheerios.
melissalaw likes this.
April 5th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Glad today is going better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search