Horrible end to last week

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Veteran
Thursday, after a $300 trip to the vet, we discovered our 11 year old male cat is diabetic. The insulin isn't awfully expensive, thank goodness. Ryan was mad at me for spending that much on "just a cat". He doesn't understand lol.

Then on Friday, my sweet girl kitty was not doing well. She had cancer and hyperthyroidism and was super skinny. I made the decision to put her to sleep. She isn't the first pet I've had to make this decision for, but for some reason I've had a really hard time with it. I mean, to the point, where I will randomly start crying at the thought of her. I feel soooooo bad for putting her to sleep, even though I honestly know it was the right decision, and that she deserved a peaceful death...not a painful one because I'm too chicken to make decisions. I know it was right, but I still feel like crap for it.

On top of this, our new house failed it's radon inspection, so all weekend we were not sure if we would even go through with the purchase. It was dependent on whether the sellers were willing to pay for it because we were not. We have several other issues we are taking on, we had to draw the line at some point. They agreed to pay for it. Thank Heavens!

Bad week. So far this week has been 100% better. Let's hope it continues that way!!
April 16th, 2013, 12:21 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry about your cat. I have never had to put one to sleep but I can imagine how difficult of a decision that was.

glad the sellers are fixing the radon problem and hopefully you can get everything else fixed and purchase the house.

And I'm glad this week is better.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 17th, 2013, 04:45 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
What a yucky week.
The month I got pregnant with Bryson my yorkie got injured and quit breathing. My husband gave him mouth to mouth and we rushed him to the ER vet. They determined he was possibly brain dead and could send him off to OSU for testing but estimate was 5-10 grand. We made the choice to put him down. It was/is the hardest thing I ever had to do... worse than all of my miscarriages. I had him for 9 years and got him when he was 6 weeks old.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
April 17th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Veteran
Yes, this week is so much better...I'm so glad. It's like you know when you get an animal that you will have to say goodbye sometime down the road. But it still sucks every time.

On a happy note though, we get possession of our new house in less than 3 weeks! I'm so excited to get out of this house! I love this house, but man am I ready to go. Our new one is so much bigger, set up 100% smarter, and doesn't have a sketchy crappy 110 year old nasty basement! Yay! Its all the open concept so I won't feel like I'm shut away when I'm doing things in the kitchen.
April 18th, 2013, 03:02 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search