Just dropping in

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 06:30 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It has been a long while since I dropped in! Ben's 1st birthday party is on Saturday. He is quite the handful! He is a small guy who is sooooo full of energy! We have yet to get him sleeping through the night and in his crib, though he will sleep in his pack n play in our room, but not without waking up wailing lately for a bottle. Ugh*

I am 34 weeks pregnant and not sure how bedtime is going to work with two babies waking up! I keep praying this stage Ben is going through will pass and we will be back to at least only waking once and sleeping in his own bed. I read sleep issues are common at this age again.

He is a little daredevil and sometimes you just want to wrap him in bubble wrap! Last week he was practicing walking ( he is doing pretty well) and fell and hit his head on a step. Yesterday he was crawling away from me because I wanted to get him dressed and face planted his little mouth and nose into the floor. He had a binky in and it cut his little mouth up top. Lots of blood and crying but nothing serious. He is going to give me a heart attack!

A few months ago he also got a skull fracture ( which turned out not to be that big of a deal for him other than some pain) because his carseat fell out of the shopping cart. I will NEVER EVER put a carseat in a shopping cart or on anything high up again! To dangerous!

Yesterday he got a front facing car seat and loved it! He sat there feeling so proud like a big boy. He is super clingy and needy right now and I worry about leaving him to go to the hospital when having this next baby. I have been preparing myself for the heartbreak I will feel being away from him for a night or two. I pray it is just one night if the birth timing is right. He doesn't get baby sat much, but he does like his grandmother it seems when we are around her, so I feel a little less worried. Plus the hospital is down the street so my husband can go home and see him anytime or he can come stay with us there maybe.

I am having a lot of problems with feeding him solids. He doesn't want to eat much of it and can't handle most of it. He throws up anything that is slightly harder to chew. He will eat crunchy stuff like cheerios and crackers but that is it. I have a feeling the doctor will recommend a speech therapist to help but I guess we will see. I hate to do all that! He did try some fruit off my plate the other day so I was happy about that. I think maybe sitting him on my lap with food for him on my plate might be the best option for now. I hate to get him used to that and not sitting in his chair, but I think eating is more important right now. Sadly I don't eat meals sitting down much these days so I guess I need to make an effort.

Okay, this is long and my little man is into trouble again! Bettter run! I will drop in again soon!
April 24th, 2013, 08:44 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, it really sounds like you've got your hands full! What a little steamroller you've got.

The skull fracture sounds super scary!! :O

I hope his eating improves for you soon. Sitting on your lap seems like it would be a good thing to try.

Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope you drop by again soon! Please share some photos if you get a chance.

April 24th, 2013, 09:08 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like your hands are full. My first baby was alot like Ben and just wouldn't eat solids for the longest time. He just wanted to nurse and drink his milk. He eventually started eating solids around 16 months. so I don't think I would worry too much especially if he is gaining weight.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search