Getting baby to sleep

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bookworm16_2000

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 08:11 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today is sleep day can't you tell..lol.

How do you get baby to go to sleep? Do you nurse baby to sleep? do you rock baby to sleep? do you lay baby down awake and baby will fall asleep on his/her own? Are you using any props, ie pacifiers or bottles to help baby sleep?

At nap time at daycare they will usually rock Jacob to sleep and then lay him down. At night I will give him a bath and then take him into his bedroom, turn all the lights off and then nurse him to sleep. Once he is asleep I will carefully lay him down in his bed. He has a hard time going to sleep if we do any other routine and has a very difficult time going to sleep if I try to lay him down awake.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 24th, 2013, 08:34 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're still doing the Ferber sleep method and it works like a charm 95% of the time. I nurse Kira until she's nearly asleep and then lie her in her crib. Sometimes she falls asleep right away and sometimes she sits up and watches me leave, but she usually lies down on her down pretty quickly (at least, she's quiet on the monitor!).

If she's not feeling well or her teeth really hurt, I'll nurse her to sleep, but that's not very often anymore.
April 24th, 2013, 03:57 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
JR has stopped wanting to nurse completely to sleep. He likes to nurse until he's sleepy, then he wants to turn over and go to sleep. He's such a little man
melissalaw likes this.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
April 24th, 2013, 04:07 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm16_2000 View Post
He likes to nurse until he's sleepy, then he wants to turn over and go to sleep. He's such a little man

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search