One year baby check in

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bookworm16_2000

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 08:50 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now that most of our babies are turning one what are they doing these days? If you have had their one year check up how big are they? What are they eating these days? Any teeth? How are they sleeping? Let us know anything else that is going on with baby this week. Please share a recent picture of baby.

Jacob just turned a year old last week on April 25. He is doing great. He is still not walking, just cruising. He loves to hold onto his race track and push it all over the house so he can walk. He has 2 teeth on the top and 2 teeth on the bottom. He is now consistently sleeping through the night which makes for a very happy mommy. I am still breastfeeding although I am switching him to whole milk while he is at daycare so I can stop pumping while at work. i will continue to breastfeed him at night and in the mornings. He is now eating mostly table food and would much rather eat what we are having then pureed baby food. Jacob has his one year check up this afternoon so I'll update afterwards with how big he has gotten.

Update after 1 year check up yesterday: Jacob weights 19 lbs and 15 oz so he is still a little guy. Dr said he was in the 20% although he seems big to me. he is 29 1/2 inches in length. Dr said he was doing great.
I took these yesterday while he played with the dogs.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Last edited by melissalaw; April 30th, 2013 at 07:12 AM.
April 29th, 2013, 09:39 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay Jacob! It sounds like he's doing great!

Kira turned one on April 20. She's 22 lbs, 3 oz and just about 30".

She still loves to eat but has recently started to get picky. She still loves pureed green beans but will toss "real" green beans on the floor. She also will chow through an entire container of Gerber baby ravioli but if I make nice (healthier) ravioli they go on the floor.

She has five teeth now; two on bottom and three on top.

For the most part she's sleeping really well. She must be going through a growth spurt because in the last few days she's started doing more new things and has also started sleeping a lot more. Yesterday she slept in until 9:30am! I kept checking in on her to make sure she was alive.

Her two newest things are feeding herself and hugging. She wants to feed herself breakfast now and can do a decent job of using the spoon. It's still a mess but not as bad as I would have thought. Her hugging is absolutely the cutest thing ever. She hugs everything but especially stuffed animals. She just started it a couple of days ago!

Oh, she also reliably raises her arms up now when we ask "how big is Kira? So big!".

She doesn't always walk around but when she does, she's pretty good at it. She can walk across the room now if she doesn't get distracted and fall over.

April 29th, 2013, 06:09 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Bryson will be 1 in a few weeks.
He walks every place now and if he falls he crawls to the nearest wall to get back up.
I have been horrible about taking photos :/ And im a photographer.

He prefers purees.

Melissa does that FF ticker mean you are TTC agian

http://lindseysphotography.com/
April 30th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Yes Lindsey we decided to go ahead and start trying for our third and final child. I'm guessing that it will take a while to get pregnant since I'm still breastfeeding, but AF has been back for three months now.

April 30th, 2013, 05:35 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
How exciting
I am hoping to talk DH into another but I want to space them out 3-4 years again. I need this one to learn how to sleep first..lol

I BF Madison until 2yr 7mo she stopped July 2010... August 2010 I got pregnant..lol It was a big Opps but its what started the long road to get Bryson.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
April 30th, 2013, 07:13 AM
I am glad that we decided to have one more but you know how it is. TTC and Pregnancy is always a little hard.

April 30th, 2013, 08:30 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Congrats on the TTC Melissa! I was still BFing Allison when I got pregnant with JR so it can happen

JR turned one on 4-26 and is becoming much more toddler than baby now! He had his one year check up today and is now 23.6 lbs and 33 inches tall. That is almost 75 percentile for weight and off the chart for height. He had two shots at the appointment and didn't even cry. He was smiling and giggling as we checked out!

He eats everything in sight but his favorites are hashbrowns and gravy (my little southern boy!), fish sticks, and fruits and veggies. He has 6 teeth with at least 4 more to come soon. I can see them but they just won't pop yet!

Sleep is awesome (such a change from Allison who didn't STTN until she was 3!). He goes down around 7:30 and sleeps until 5-7, depending on if I catch his early morning wiggles before he wakes himself up.

JR has been walking for almost 3 months and rarely crawls anymore. He gets offended if I try to get him to crawl at gymnastics. It's a good thing he's in a class with mostly 2-3 year olds!

These are pictures from his birthday. We just had a small family party with us and my dad.

Me with both kids (I'm trying to be in more pictures with the kids)

Birthday dinner

The cake at the beginning

Cake at the end!
melissalaw and CarolynBB like this.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search