Today I locked Rylynn in my car.

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Veteran
We had just gotten back from the zoo, and I must have accidentally hit the lock button when I went to get out. I remember it dinging at me, but too late, I had shut the door. Then I realized I had locked my sleeping 1 year old in the car too.

The fire department came over. My neighbors were standing outside watching. I felt like an idiot. A neglectful stupid mother. I realize, these things do happen, and it happens to a lot of us. But you still feel like a moron.

The firemen were very nice, I'm sure this isn't the first time they've had to rescue a kid from a locked car.

We were in the garage, Rylynn was asleep, and the car was still cool inside. Plus it only got to 72 here today. Thank goodness it wasn't 90.

As soon as Ryan got home we went and had 3, yes 3, spares made. I have one in my purse, one hanging on a nail in the garage, and my dad has one. Hopefully this never happens again, but if it does, I'm prepared.
June 7th, 2013, 06:22 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL. that is my biggest fear. I'm an anal about checking to make sure the door is not locked before I get out of the car to get the kids. I'm so glad that it wasn't that hot and that you were able to get her out safely. Don't feel like a moron, even the best mothers make mistakes sometimes, just glad that everything turned out ok. And now you have tons of extra keys..lol.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 7th, 2013, 08:09 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad it worked out OK!!

We had a huge family reunion a few years ago and one of my cousins was showing off his new minivan to another cousin. He didn't realize that a couple of the little kids (maybe 2 or 3 years old) had climbed inside and they locked the doors.

With all the people and etc I don't think anyone noticed the kids missing for like an hour. They had to eventually call the fire dept too.
June 8th, 2013, 12:20 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
alls well that ends well at least

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search