Baby Lunch and Dinner

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 07:14 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I figured since we talked about breakfast we should take about lunch and dinner. What does your baby eat for lunch and dinner? Do you make something special for baby or does baby just eat what you are eating.

During the week Jacob is at daycare so he eats lunch there. They will feed the kids beefaghetti which is think is like beef a roni. They also have chicken nuggets, green beans, carrots, peanut butter sandwiches and bologna sandwiches. They have hot dogs and corn dogs. They always have a meat, two vegetables and a fruit plus milk so Jacob eat really well at lunch.

For dinner I will sometimes let him eat what we are eating if it's something he will like and if not I will make him his own dinner. But Jacob doesn't eat that well for me at dinner. He is usually tired and just wants to nurse. At dinner I will make him chicken nuggets, corn dogs or hotdogs. I always give him a taste of what we are eating and if he seems to like it I will feed him more.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 12th, 2013, 08:38 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kira always gets a little bit of whatever I eat and usually she likes it and fights me for it.

Her packed lunches are usually either small PB&J sandwiches or the little chicken-and-black-bean cups that I make and freeze ahead of time. Then she gets a string cheese, some berries, a graham cracker, or a fruit/veggie pouch -- she eats some of that extra stuff with lunch and some as a snack.

For dinner, if she doesn't eat what we eat, I've been doing Gerber pasta pickups because it's easiest.
melissalaw likes this.
June 12th, 2013, 08:52 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jacob hates those pasta pickups. I've tried them several times and he takes one bite and snarls his face up and then spits it back up. I need to try your little cup recipes. I think he would love those.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 13th, 2013, 06:51 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Lunch is sandwiches (no bread he's not a fan most of the time), chicken nuggets, hot dogs (rarely), soup, leftovers, or whatever else I can come up with. It's paired with at least one veggie and one fruit for a complete meal. Dinner is whatever we are eating. I learned early on with Allison that if I didn't want to be a short order cook, she had to eat what we were eating (even if she didn't eat all of it).

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search