Illinois tornados

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Veteran
Yesterday morning an EF-4 tornado ripped through my area. The devastation is unbelievable. Our neighborhood is intact, just some downed tree limbs and missing lawn furniture. But just 15 minutes to the east is total destruction. Entire neighborhoods are gone. The death toll as of last night in the immediate area is 3. So thankful it's not worse. We were watching out our window when the sirens began to go off. Ryan herded the dogs to the basement, and I grabbed my cat and Rylynn. It sounded like a helicopter was landing in my yard. I couldn't see the neighbors house 20 feet away due to rain and wind. It was scary, and I can only imagine the fear of those who took a direct hit. Below is a photo of the Devonshire neighborhood in Washington, Il, just 15 minutes east of my home. It is absolutely heartbreaking.

November 18th, 2013, 08:07 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness. That is terrible. So glad that you guys are ok and glad your neighbor is ok. It's crazy to have these terrible tornadoes in November.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Veteran
Yes, very crazy! The photos people were posting on Facebook...powerful and heartbreaking. One was of a home, everything was gone. You could see a hardwood floor, and sitting in the middle was a woman's purse and a cup from Hardee' s drivethru completely untouched. I hate tornados. I think all people are accounted for but there are still so many missing pets. Tragic.
November 19th, 2013, 07:07 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, I had no idea you were so close. I have relatives in Plainfield and in Bradley but they were far enough away that they only had strong winds/hail. So glad to hear you and your family are OK!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search