Toddler Bed Success

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CarolynBB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2014, 08:36 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband stayed home from work on Friday because Jackson had a stomach bug. Well while we was home he thought it would be a good idea to covert Jacob's crib to a toddler bed. To say the least I was not a happy camper when I got home. I'm so pregnant and so tired I just really didn't want to deal with trying to get Jacob to sleep in his bed. Well friday night was as bad as I thought it would be. We laid Jacob down, read him a story, he closed his eyes and then I left the room which is what we normally do in his crib. Well he immediately gets up and starts banging on the door and screaming and crying. Well my husband says to just let him cry which of course I can't do. So I go in there and get him and try to soothe him to sleep. We go through this same cycle over and over again until I finally rock him to sleep and lay him down. I've not had to do that in a long time.

Well Saturday I'm begging Stephen to covert it back to a crib which he won't do so I'm not real happy. Saturday night rolls around and I'm dreading another night like Friday night. Well I go through our night time routine and then leave the room and he stays in bed and goes to sleep. And he's done this every night since. I'm shocked and so happy. Seems like we just had one hard night and now he loves his bed. He loves to drag his toys in there with him to play.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 6th, 2014, 03:50 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! I hope it stays a positive for you.

Was Jacob starting to climb out? Just curious why S changed the bed in the first place. Kira has never tried to get out (knock on wood) so I figure we'll leave her in the crib as long as possible.
February 6th, 2014, 08:03 AM
No he wasn't trying to climb out. Jacob has been waking us up really early in the mornings so it's been hard to get much sleep and I think that Stephen thought that instead of Jacob waking us up he would get out of bed and play with his toys in his room until we went in there to get him up. However that has not been the case..lol. Jacob still gets up early but instead of getting out of bed to play with his toys he bangs on his door and kicks his door until we let him out. I think he was hoping that jacob would sleep later when the baby was born so we didn't have 2 little ones up at the crack of dawn..lol.

February 7th, 2014, 02:33 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That must be a guy response ("play with toys") -- Peter loads Kira's crib up with stuffed animals and books when he puts her to bed at night so that she plays with toys in the crib in the morning. She doesn't, though -- she just tosses them out one by one and then gets mad because they're on the floor.
melissalaw likes this.
February 10th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Jacob used to do the exact same thing when he was in his crib. He would throw all his stuffed animals and his blanket out of his bed and then raise holy hell. I guess he thought that he could throw them out and then they would just levitate back into his bed. Not sure.

February 15th, 2014, 10:20 PM
ArmyWife06's Avatar Proud Army Wife
I'm so scared to try a toddler bed. I'm assuming because she's our first and she's our rainbow baby i'm just very cautious. My husband keeps asking if we can convert the crib yet. I keep saying no. lol She's still small so she can't climb out and she doesn't wake up before 8 am, so I don't see a rush to change her bed. I would say by summer I'll be ready. haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search