Becky's Bulging Belly ~ Updated with 31 week belly

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2012, 09:50 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
29/0

Wow it really has been forever since I wrote in here. I guess it's just because this is the point in time where nothing is really going on. I've done as much as I can with the nursery, and Liam is just hanging out putting on weight and growing his brain lol. February is seeming to take a really long time for such a short month, but March should go quickly as we have so much to do. Starting March 7th we have our hospital tour, then on the 12th we have a growth scan to get a better idea of what we expect for delivery because of his 2 vessel cord, March 17th, 24th, and 31st are all saturdays I have a baby shower and durring the weeks between I will be cleaning decorating and arranging. Then april starts with easter and then we have some stuff going on with the youth group and he could be here anytime after that really. so I hope time starts moving faster over the next couple weeks!

February 22nd, 2012, 11:26 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Hey Becky, I've been wondering how you're doing! I'm glad to hear all is well :-) I can't believe you're 29 weeks- time is flying!! Liam will be here so soon.
I hope the next few weeks go by fast for you, I know they will so enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and take lots and lots of naps lol! Please Kup on your u/s-I wanna see pics! :-)
March 13th, 2012, 08:21 PM
32/1

We had our growth scan yesterday and everything looked good. Liam is still measuring about a week ahead consistently, and he weighs 4 pounds. Im kind of hoping since he's been a week ahead the whole time that he might come a little early, Im just so ready to meet him now. He was way head down, getting squished, and he was doing his practice breathing. I can tell he is getting more uncomfortable because he is squirming a lot more and more sensitive to things touching my stomach or my movements and things but he's still pretty laid back. Heres a couple 3d pictures of him.

Things are starting to get more "real" now, we had our hospital tour last week, and
This saturday is my first shower. Just a small one with a few friends from around here. Then the next weekend is one for DH's family and then the next weekend is a big one down in my hometown. With all the showers and a few other meetings and things I think this month is going to go by really fast and I'm getting so anxious for him to get here. I was pretty content up until now.

I still get really worried sometimes that something will happen to him but I just keep trying to have faith and trust that everything will work out.

March 14th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Awww he is so cute! I just love those 3d u/s pictures. Im glad he is growing well & you're doing good, too. Enjoy him while he's in there because soon you'll have to share him lol. But I know what you mean about wanting to meet your baby, I was really anxious, too!

Have fun at your showers! I hope you'll post pictures and tell us what you get.
March 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRRT View Post

Have fun at your showers! I hope you'll post pictures and tell us what you get.
Of course I will !!!!

32/2

I just found out today that my really good friend Sarah is getting married next month and having a baby in August!

I'm so excited because I didn't know anyone else IRL having a baby and she lives really close to us so we can go on walks together and stuff, and she's planning to BF too so we can go to LLL meetings together and if she goes back to work part time I might watch her baby! Im so happy. I am really surprised though I didnt think she would do any of this for a while yet, but she's really happy too.

Im going to put the rest of the 3d pictures on the main grads board.

March 24th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I had my baby shower with DH's family today, it was a really fun shower. His mom and sister did a great job. We played a lot of games, 2 I had never seen or heard of before. One was matching baby animals to their parents, anyone know what a baby llama is called? Or a baby plattapus? The other game was where there was a list of like 15 traits for Liam to have and they had to guess if I wanted him to get them from me or DH. We had a type of chicken salad for lunch and the blue punch with rubber duckies in it.

I got a good number of gifts, almost everything was from my registry and everything was useful lol. His aunt and cousins got our pack n play which was awesome, and one of his cousins got me the best gift ever, she made a scrapbook for his first year where all the pages are designed and all I have to do is take the pictures and put them in the spaces. It's so cute and it was so much work and now he will have an awesome first year scrapbook and maybe it will motivate me to keep making them for the rest of his years. And then my mom found a piece of wall art that was just perfect for his nursery. Those were my favorite gifts.

Something I find interesting is what I havent gotten at all. I havent gotten a single pacifier or a single diaper bag. I feel like those are things I see people get lots of at their showers and I havent gotten any so it's interesting. I haven't gotten a lot of clothes either, but Im okay with that because Im kind of picky about clothes and I dont want to end up with a buch of stuff he can't wear because its the wrong size/season.

I think we have more bath towels than we need lol but everything else has been a nice variety.

Ill add some pictures soon too lazy tonight.

March 26th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Yay, I am so glad you had a great shower!! I can't wait to see pictures. Liam will be here so soon, I bet you are so excited!
I am also picky about clothes, especially for a newborn And even still now at 5 months. I thought all the zipup vests with the long sleeved shirt under were so cute when I was preggo but a baby with a hood is so uncomfortable I never put one on her one time lol. Also, jeans just do not appear comfy on a tiny baby so I always put Paige in soft pants only. So I def had a good bit of clothes I wasn't able to use but that's ok.
How are you feeling? I hope these next few weeks fly by! Get LOtS of rest and naps, you'll never sleep the same again! :-)
April 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Youre going to be full term in less than a week! Can't wait to see pictures of baby Liam!! Hope all is well!
April 14th, 2012, 08:43 PM
36/5

Well so far everything is going great, we almost have everything we need together, and we definitely have everything we need to bring him home.
Im getting uncomfortable, nauseas again, really sore hips/pelvis, and getting some random strong contractions. And my boobs are getting really sore again.
Liam is good seems very happy, really reacts when I rub my stomach.
And if you only want to hear the happy thoughts you should just stop reading now.

The only thing is that Im getting really anxious again. As I approach full term I'm becoming terrified of a full term stillbirth. I don't really know why, everything has gone well, but I get anxious and upset a couple nights a week. I mean it's pretty much just a continuation of all the same anxieties I had earlier in the pregnancy and everything. Also in particular is the fact that he doesnt really move during the night. When I wake up from having to pee or just being uncomfortable, he isn't moving and I poke him and shake him and toss and turn until I feel the littlest nudge before I can get back to sleep, when I actually get up he's usually up within 10 minutes but it really makes me nervous at night, and he's getting harder to get a reaction out of the last few nights.
I think tonight when I wake up I will use the doppler and see what his HR is doing when he's not moving just to make sure it's not really low or something, and then I will talk with the midwife on monday about it all.

I just wish he could be born right now as I feel him wiggling around so I can stop having these particular anxieties. Im ready for some new ones lol.

I have been trying to read about other people having the same fear so I don't feel alone at least. But it's hard. I question myself constantly if this is a situation where I have a bad feeling and Im preparing myself for something that I truly think is going to happen or if it's a totally unfounded fear. I pray constantly that Liam will stay healthy and safe and be born safe and sound, and I pray for the fear to go away, and sometimes it does for a couple days, but then it comes back. And the fact that I've been waiting to feel a sense of peace about it, and I don't just serves to make me more anxious.

When I write about it I sound like someone who should be in a straightjacket and on serious meds, but IRL it's not that bad tonight is just a bad night I guess. And I've only had 2 truly bad nights in the last month or so.

Well anyway if you read all that doom and gloom I'm sorry, but I always feel better if I write it down and get it off my chest. I just cant wait until the day I can come on here and show you pictures of my beautiful healthy Liam.

May 2nd, 2012, 07:00 PM
39/2
I guess I better write at least one more time while I still have the chance. I keep putting off my belly pics too and soon it will be too late!

I'm so ready to meet Liam. I have pretty much everything done except Im still getting a couple more diapers and theres a few things to exchange from my last baby shower.
Today we installed the car seat but Im not convinced it is 100 percent right. I mean the latch is pulled as tight as it will go and the base is level but I still feel like it moves too much, Idk Im going to look and see where I should get it checked.

For the last 2 days I've had really bad back cramps and some braxton hicks, and lost mucous plug. On monday at the midwife I was making a little progress but not much only 50% effaced, 1cm dilated and -2 station. I walked the dogs today and my lower back, hips were hurting sooo bad so I really hope Im making some progress. I got a fresh pineapple tonight and ate as much as I can. I wanted to eat the whole thing, but it makes my mouth hurt so I only made it through like 3/4 or maybe 2/3 either way more than half, hopefully it helps. Another mom in my DDC ate a whole one yesterday and went into contractions overnight. She went to L&D at 9am and had her baby all naturally by 1pm so Im really hoping this works. Im just starting to get some contractions right now. Time will tell. I'm not like going crazy to have him quite yet but I am really wary of going overdue, especially since I know my EDD is exactly right.

Well I will try to update again before I go in but who knows when that will be, could be tonight could be next week lol. And Im going to take my 39 week picture now before it's too late

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search