Adrienne's Awesome Adventure to an August EDD

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree530Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2012, 07:19 AM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
So pregnancy, in general, increases mucous production in your nose and other regions of your body which I'm sure you have noticed. I had a constant runny nose and sneezing during my first 16 weeks. We use a humidifier every night and I elevate my head while sleeping in promote drainage if I'm having a particularly bad day. There have been times where I was sure I had a cold but it cleared up the by the next day....pregnancy! I take Chlor-Trimeton for the allergy relief when it's too much to bear and one benadryl at night if I can't sleep with all the sneezing and mucous. Like you I really hate to take meds but these are approved by my Ob and when you are miserable it really helps.

I hope the neti pot helps you and try a humidifier at night. Good luck!

February 14th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I'll probably end up taking some meds, at least occasionally, probably not every day. The neti pot definitely helps for a while, but I'm not sure if it will completely do the trick. I've been dealing with the increased mucous and stuffy nose since I got pregnant. And I can handle that. This headache, though, is just about unbearable.

I never had allergies before moving to California. My first year out here, I kept wondering why in the heck I had such a terrible headache that winter. I didn't have a bunch of other allergy symptoms. I started taking Claritin-D because I could tell it was a deep sinus problem. Still, I would wake up in the middle of the night and have to throw up from the pain in my head. I went to the doctor, who was concerned about me throwing up from the headaches. I had an MRI - everything was fine. She did blood work - everything was fine. She even did a vision test - which was again fine. She prescribed me a migraine medication, but it didn't help because I wasn't experiencing migraines. On a whim, I just decided to switch my allergy meds to Zyrtec (regular not decongestant), and my headaches went away completely.

Until now! Things do get better here, allergy-wise, in March/April. So I probably only have another month of hell. I'm going to have to take a Claritin. I can't take Benadryl in the morning because it will make me way too tired at work.

In the end, I know that it's all worth it, to have a beautiful baby. But this is rough!

February 14th, 2012, 07:04 PM
13 weeks & 2 days

Today was pretty much like any other day, as we don't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day at our house. We're big on birthdays and our anniversary, but we've both always been indifferent about Valentine's Day. So we exchanged cards, and that was it. And we're enjoying the evening with each other. I also bought all the fixings to make ice cream sundaes, but William was feeling sick to his stomach. So we'll eat those tomorrow.

I've used the neti pot three times (night, morning, night) now, and it does seem to help. The benefits don't last for a full 12 hours, but it does really clear me out. So I definitely feel better than I would without using it.

I felt really bloated today, and I felt a lot of uterus stretching as well. I'm still really tired most days. And I started getting little pimples along my jaw line about a week ago. I can't wait to start "glowing."
Caerus likes this.

February 15th, 2012, 07:16 PM
13 weeks & 3 days

Not much new going on today. I'm becoming more regular, which is making me happy. That means, though, that my belly has legitimately popped! And to add to that pop, we finally ate those ice cream sundaes.

February 16th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't wait to see the pic on Sunday with your newly popped belly!

February 16th, 2012, 06:48 PM
13 weeks & 4 days

This week has been incredibly productive at work. And now I have a four-day weekend! I am so looking forward to four days away from the office. I have quite a few projects that I want to tackle around the house, and I'm actually looking forward to getting them checked off my list. I still get tired every afternoon and want to go to bed early each night, but I'm starting to get some energy back. I'm also not suffering from constipation right now (knock on wood). So perhaps things are looking up in the second trimester.

Speaking of trimesters, most people go with Week 14, but one-third of a 280-day pregnancy is 13 weeks & 3 days (as broken down here). So here I am in my second trimester! And my belly seems to have popped right at the trimester transition, as well as my BBs. I'm going to have to buy a couple new bras this weekend because I'm just spilling out of one of the last two bras that actually still fit me. My BBs grew a cup size early on in the pregnancy, and I bought just one new bra. I've already retired all but my new one and one other. And now that "one other" just isn't going to cut it. I also had to wear a belly band today! I just can't have my belly constricted in my pants anymore.

Now if this queasiness would just go away already!

Last edited by Mom2JDub; February 16th, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
February 17th, 2012, 06:54 PM
13 weeks & 5 days

I thoroughly enjoyed my extra day off today... and I still have a three more days left on my weekend. I mainly just lounged around, but I also did a couple loads of laundry, dishes, and straightened up around the house. DH and I went for our jog/walk when he got home from work, and then I made dinner. Now we're catching up on TV shows on our DVR. A lovely Friday, and looking forward to a lovely weekend.

February 18th, 2012, 05:38 PM
13 weeks & 6 days

I spent the morning finalizing my list of potential boy and girl names. Then I read them all to DH, and he vetoed a TON of them. That was okay, though, because I had added a lot more to the list than I probably would have ended up wanting to use. There were a few, though, that I was surprised he hated so much. And then there were some that I was shocked he actually liked.

We then went to lunch and checked out Babies R Us. I've been looking at baby stuff online for quite a while, so I already had an idea about costs relating to cribs, strollers, car seats, etc. DH, on the other hand, was thinking that items would be a lot more expensive than they actually are. I'm glad he was pleasantly surprised. In terms of themes for the nursery, I've been thinking woodland creatures for quite a while (owls, squirrels, bunnies, etc.). However, we saw a lot of monkey stuff that is just so darn cute. I'm really torn now. It will probably ultimately depend on the baby's gender.

Speaking of gender, we were originally going to have the anatomy/gender scan on 3/30, which is DH's birthday. He was requesting the whole day off from work for his birthday, and it was going to work out really well. Of course, I was going to be almost 20 weeks along, and I was hoping to find out the gender before then. However, it was going to be so special to find out the gender on William's birthday. So I was perfectly okay with it. When he went to request the day off, though, he saw that one of the other managers had already requested it. They only have four managers in their department, and one is on medical leave. If a second requests a day off, no other manager can request at the same time.

So after that long explanation, our anatomy/gender scan is now rescheduled for 3/20. I'm counting down the days now (31 to go), though I'm sad that I don't get to spend the whole day with DH on his birthday. What is cool is that DH already told his mom that the scan would be on 3/30. So now we'll be able to surprise her (and everyone else). They can all continue to believe that the scan is ten days later than it actually is. I'm not sure how we'll surprise them with the news, but I'll think of something cute.

February 19th, 2012, 11:16 AM
14 weeks

I added my weekly pics to the first post. I have really popped this week!

I've felt a lot of uterus stretching this week, and the skin on my stomach is tighter. Aside from looking like I popped, I feel like I popped. It's a good feeling, just a little hard to get used to. DH looked at me just before taking this week's pics, smiled, and said he can see my round little belly. So many people told me that I probably wouldn't show until 4-5 months. Nope! I'm 14 weeks and have an obvious pregnant belly.

I've gained 3.5 pounds so far, which is in the normal range for the first trimester. I must admit, though, that I worry about gaining too much. I'm eating healthy (aside from the occasional splurge), with an increased calorie intake from what I used to eat. And while I'm exercising, it's nothing at all like my former exercise regimen. It's just a little weird psychologically since I've been in such good shape and really count my calories. Letting that go somewhat is a difficult adjustment for me. I want to gain a healthy amount of weight, but I also refuse to restrict myself during this pregnancy. It seems like I've found a happy medium so far, and I just hope that I can keep that up for the next 26 weeks.

February 19th, 2012, 12:08 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
You have the cutest bump. Ever.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 19th, 2012, 02:13 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
That stinks you can't get the gender scan done on DH birthday but it is exciting you can go in 10 days earlier!!! I can't wait for the update!

Forever missing my angel 2010

February 19th, 2012, 04:59 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
You baby bump is so cute!! That is so exciting you find out soon!!
February 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
You have the cutest bump. Ever.

February 19th, 2012, 07:17 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
You have such a cute little bump!!! Grow baby grow!!!! I say you have a boy in there.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
February 20th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet.hun View Post
You have such a cute little bump!!! Grow baby grow!!!! I say you have a boy in there.
That's what I've been thinking all along, though DH is adamant it's a girl. We find out in exactly 1 month!

February 20th, 2012, 09:54 AM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the second trimester You have popped, I didn't really pop, or at least noticed that I popped, until around 18 weeks, but now that I'm nearly 20 I'm looking proper pregnant. Doesn't it feel great? I want to show my belly off, but feel bummed that it's still cold and miserable and have to cover it up.

The anticipation of finding out the gender is nearly unbearable. I only have a week left until I find out, but I was booked 4 weeks ago. It's been a long 4 weeks so far. In Canada I must wait until I'm 20 weeks for the anatomy/gender scan, so it's been tough watching my American due date buddies getting theirs done at 16 and 17 weeks I think most of the active due date club members that wanted to know have found out and us Canadian mamas have to wait Oh well the wait, however long it is, is totally worth it.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
February 20th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I was kind of surprised to pop so early, though I know it's different for every woman. I just had so many people say, "You probably won't show until 4-5 months." And I've only gained 3 pounds, so I guess I'm an early bloomer! Fortunately, I'm in Southern California, so I can show it off a bit. I've had quite a few looks and smiles.

Sorry you have to wait so long! I'll go in at 18 weeks & 2 days. Since I'm due later in August, I know I'll still be one of the last to know in my DDC. About a dozen or slightly more women already know their baby's gender. I'm actually enjoying the anticipation. DH says it's like waiting for Christmas morning, and he is so right.

I'll be stalking your DDC next week to find out your baby's gender!

February 20th, 2012, 06:38 PM
14 weeks & 1 day

The last day of my four-day weekend was a productive one. I woke up early, finished the final two loads of laundry for the week, and cleaned around the house. Then I made a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies for DH to take to work tomorrow. I even resisted eating the raw cookie dough!

Then I returned a couple of things to Motherhood Maternity that I had bought online but didn't fit. And I exchanged them for a pair of crop jeans and a casual tank top for the summer (for less than $20 with tax). After that, I headed to Trader Joe's to pick up some groceries.

I came home and decided to organize my closets. I have all my "work" clothes in the closet in our bedroom, I have my casual clothes in what will end up being our nursery closet, and I have my workout clothes and jackets in our guest bedroom closet. First off, I purged a bunch of clothes that I'll take to Goodwill sometime this week. Then I reorganized the closets as clothes that I can no longer wear (with this bump), transitional clothes, and maternity clothes. I am so HAPPY with this (and I know I'm a nerd).

I was going to make pork chops for dinner, but DH decided he wasn't very hungry once he got home. I'm kind of relieved, as I wore myself out today. So I'll make those for dinner tomorrow night. As much as I love my time off from work, I'm actually not disappointed to be going back tomorrow. I have more energy now that I'm into the second trimester, and I have some projects at work that I'm ready to tackle.

In pregnancy symptom news, I had round ligament pains for the first time last night. I was sitting on the couch, watching TV, and I got a few sharp pains in my left groin. I didn't think much of it at first, and then out of nowhere it hit me that it was round ligament pains. I'm feeling better overall, but I continue to feel nauseous in the evenings. Tonight seems to be worse than it has been. I just took a shower, and I had to cut it short because the heat was making the queasiness feel like pukiness.

I also think that despite my best efforts to consume tons of iron, I'm failing to increase my blood count. On Saturday, I banged the meaty part of my thigh against our desk. I legitimately knocked the heck out of it, but I'm normally not one to bruise very easily. This one, however, it disgusting and incredibly sore. It's various shades of black, purple, and blue. I have a feeling my OB will put me on iron supplements the next time I see her.

February 20th, 2012, 08:08 PM
LWiegel's Avatar Lauren *Expecting #1!*
Ahhhh I LOVE YOUR BUMP!!! It is soo cute. Your little baby's in there! Congrats girl.

Lauren's Pregnancy Journal.
February 21st, 2012, 06:50 PM
14 weeks & 2 days

Today was a good day, as far as my pregnancy goes. I had a little bit more round ligament pain, but it's only been on my left side so far. Other than an allergy headache this afternoon/evening, I have felt really good all day.

In non-pregnancy news, I got a mega-project dumped on me today, and I have three weeks to complete it. No planning has been done at all, and it will require putting in late hours and working all weekend, every weekend, until it's finished in mid-March. The president also wants me to work one-on-one with him, which basically means I get to listen to his lofty ideas and do all the real work myself. I have to add this project onto two other deadlines by mid-March as well as my daily duties. And my clutch staff member is on FMLA so some things ultimately fall on me that other staff just can't do.

At least this is happening in the second trimester, when I'm actually feeling better. DH told me that he doesn't want me to get too stressed out. That's not really possible, but he's promised to pick up the slack around the house and do whatever I ask him. And he wants me to do extra yoga sessions to try to stay relaxed. What would I do without him?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search